Energy company locks thermostats at +80 degrees for 22,000 customers during ‘energy crisis’

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I hate to burst everyone’s bubble, but our evil electrical overlords aren’t going to hire an army of unethical hackers to break through into our home Wi-Fi networks, adjust our thermostats to reduce our bills a few bucks each day, and then laugh at our misery. Not only is it logistically impossible, it’s extremely illegal and makes zero sense from a business standpoint.

The people who are experiencing this thermostat adjustment previously signed an agreement and had a special thermostat installed.

Its illegal and un constitutional to commit voter fraud, but it happened in mass amounts.

Its illegal and unconstitutional to hold people in jail without charges and access to legal council, buts its happening.

Laws mean little to those who hate America and those who stand in their way.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Its illegal and un constitutional to commit voter fraud, but it happened in mass amounts.

Its illegal and unconstitutional to hold people in jail without charges and access to legal council, buts its happening.

Laws mean little to those who hate America and those who stand in their way.
You realize that OGE is headed by a registered republican right?

Neither party is innocent when it comes to breaking, bending, or manipulating the rules to suit them, and in spite of what breitbart tells you, I’ve met exactly zero liberals/democrats/left anything individuals who said they hate America.

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You realize that OGE is headed by a registered republican right?

Neither party is innocent when it comes to breaking, bending, or manipulating the rules to suit them, and in spite of what breitbart tells you, I’ve met exactly zero liberals/democrats/left anything individuals who said they hate America.

As you said both parties have done bad things, these days the swamp is full of beasts from both parties. Makes no difference to me if the person who heads oge is a republican or not

I do not listen to Breitbart.

I have met plenty of the left who openly do hate this country, even here in good ole okie land, they exist.

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My ole my how the topics of life have changed over time .🤣 . Next thing ya know your turd is going to be rejected by the toilet and catapulted onto the shower door. 🤣
I see a resurgence of outhouses in the near future ... :fart:

Don't recycle nor throw your old phone books and catalogs away. They may come in handy ...

Woody

Foxfire5

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As you said both parties have done bad things, these days the swamp is full of beasts from both parties. Makes no difference to me if the person who heads oge is a republican or not

I do not listen to Breitbart.

I have met plenty of the left who openly do hate this country, even here in good ole okie land, they exist.
Yeh they are like lice in a school room. One kid brings them and everybody comes home with them.

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I hate to burst everyone’s bubble, but our evil electrical overlords aren’t going to hire an army of unethical hackers to break through into our home Wi-Fi networks, adjust our thermostats to reduce our bills a few bucks each day, and then laugh at our misery. Not only is it logistically impossible, it’s extremely illegal and makes zero sense from a business standpoint.

The people who are experiencing this thermostat adjustment previously signed an agreement and had a special thermostat installed.
They won't need hackers. All these "smart" thermostats connect via wifi to the maker's server to get updated firmware. All it would take is an agreement from the power company to the maker to install new firmware that cedes control to the power company. I would bet there is some small print in the booklet that states this can happen. Hell, that small print could say by using this product you agree to sell your first born to the company for free labor and people would still use the product as they never read the docs.

This is why I will never have a smart thermostat. Due to medication my wife can not handle heat at all. Going to NOLA in September nearly killed her after going to the french quarter for about 4 hours. And I don't mean that figuratively, her bp was at 58/35. Took sitting in a CVS for over an hour, three waters, two slim jims (for the sodium) and a gatorade plus an instant freeze pack to the back of the neck (which she completely warmed up in less than 20 minutes) to get to a point where we could get back to the hotel. She refused to go to the hospital as we left for a cruise the next day (she's half japanese, they don't have a word strong enough to describe her stubbornness). We keep the house at 73 during the summer and we have a ceiling fan plus two other fans going and she still gets too hot to sleep sometimes. If they tried pulling that crap in my house it would put her in severe heat distress.

Latest posts

Top Bottom