Energy prices in America are going to get much worse than we’ve ever imagined

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Those leases weren’t being purchased by companies. They’ve been available for purchase since the day trump left office, it was his last thing he did. Biden did the equivalent of taking an unsold house off the market.
The main problem imo is the uncertainty. Equity investors hate uncertainty. Who would choose to deploy billions of dollars of capital up there knowing that it could all be wiped out on a political whim?

ttown

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They have to get gas prices up there so their green energy wins IMO.

We had an engineer at Research that drove from Pawhuska everyday that converted his Toyota pickup to propane in the mid 80s and was saving a ton of money as there was no “road tax”.

They need to start charging road fees on EVs (more than likely by the mile) as they do gas engines. They’ve already admitted that, can’t have gas being the same cost….

I doubt a population of 700k uses 500k barrels a day. The 5 refineries in Alaska can process 165k barrels a day it appears.

Most houses used wood and/or electric when I lived there.I

I didn’t realize hydroelectric use was so high on power generation @29%

IMG_3291.jpeg

https://www.eia.gov/dnav/pet/PET_PNP_CAP1_DCU_SAK_A.htm
https://www.eia.gov/state/print.php?sid=AK

Last edited:

NationalMatch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
this happened in the 1970's. people just said enough inflation and out of control spending and quit paying taxes. . farmers even went on strike sort of. and drove their tractors to DC in protest those that did forfeited everything to the gov. then greenspan stepped in and caused a recession to get inflation under control. this time the hurt will be a magnitude worse? maybe?
That idiot Carter put Paul Volcker in as chairman of the Fed and the latter pushed interest rates up to 25% for mortgage loans. Those fools collapsed construction and manufacturing which tanked our economy and drove thousands of businesses under, along with millions of jobs. That would have been in the late 70s.

I bought my first house in the early 80s and was fortunate to get it at 14%.

NationalMatch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
At what point will the masses and industry just say enough? Votes may not be the answer much longer, industry has more power than they know, they just don't take advantage of it my opinion. One of these years, the American public should just hold .gov accountable, and tell .gov that we'll file our taxes when .gov starts acting American again. What would happen if 50% of America just said no to April 15th? Serious question. What would happen in 75 million tax payers said no more until it's fixed? Power is money, money is power, we have it, they don't unless we give it to them, we don't take advantage of that power.......

If we're waiting on Congress to "fix" it, they've already "fixed" it to their advantage, there's zero incentive for them to change anything. It's going to take a bold event(s) to change things as it should be, and it probably won't be pretty.
Conservative Americans' strategy is to fix it in the next election. The liberal/Marxist strategy is to rob/cheat/steal to get control to "fix things." They're winning.

I don't think there is any Rubicon for conservatives. Look at what we've tolerated thus far. "Woke" and gender ideology in grammar schools, for example.

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
Usually they don’t do this during election season. That’s what I find scary
When they have rigged LAST TWO Presidential Elections, and gotten away with it, The 2016 Presidental Election was just as rigged, as the 2020 election, but, we the American People OVERWHELMED THE RIGGING, WITH LEGITIMATE VOTES, remember how Crooked Hillary and others REACTED? The 2020 election was almost overwhelmed with legitimate votes, that is why they had to shut down the vote count in ALL 5 SWING STATES, SEND POLL WORKERS HOME, TO STUFF THE BALLOT BOXES, TO PREVENT A REPEAT OF 2016!! Now that they have EVERYONE INTIMIDATED by using the PHONY INNSURRECTION, AND THE LAP DOG JUSTICE DEPT, AND NEWS MEDIA, to charge anyone that didn't go along with the COUP, with PHONY FEDERAL CRIMES, EVEN PRESIDENT TRUMP, AND HIS SUPPORTERS, ALONG WITH ANYONE DUMB ENOUIGHT TO PROTEST THE RIGGED ELECTION, brought before leftwing federal judges, and sent to RE-EDUCATIUON CAMPS, (federal prisons) they KNOW high gas and utilities prices, and out of control INFLATION, won't matter, I guess? DACHAU, was the first Nazi Concentration Camp in Nazi Germany, it opened three months after Hitler ceased power in a rigged election, to deal with POLITICAL OPPONENTS, BY CHARGING THEM WITH PHONY FEDERAL CRIMES, AND BRINGING THEM BEFORE NAZI JUDGES! SOUND FAMILIAR?

cowadle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That idiot Carter put Paul Volcker in as chairman of the Fed and the latter pushed interest rates up to 25% for mortgage loans. Those fools collapsed construction and manufacturing which tanked our economy and drove thousands of businesses under, along with millions of jobs. That would have been in the late 70s.

yep... even my mistakes cost over 21 percent in those days. fraid we are headed for worse???????

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I worked with a woman who, right after she and her husband got married, decided they wanted to buy a house. At 18% ... It wasn't even my money and I clutched my pearls. Honestly, I have no idea how they made it work -- unless they were getting help from one of their families. Or maybe both. Who knows?? All I know is 18% was too rich for my blood. Still is ... That's a crazy amount of interest to be paying on a mortgage. Or car, for that matter. Or ... If I'm completely honest in ANYTHING ... People think if they can make the payment they can afford it without taking into account what the final cost is in the end. And then they wonder why they can't retire after 30 years ... 🤷

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
About a month before the next presidential election, prices will go down and they'll think we've forgotten all aout how high the cost of living was and Biden will sort of trot out and say, "see what I've done, I've brought the price of energy down." But we need to remember who caused it to go up in the first place and vote accordingly.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
About a month before the next presidential election, prices will go down and they'll think we've forgotten all aout how high the cost of living was and Biden will sort of trot out and say, "see what I've done, I've brought the price of energy down." But we need to remember who caused it to go up in the first place and vote accordingly.

Not forget? 40% don't think he caused it, already and praise his "accomplishments" like good little sheep.

When the Dems remove his as incompetent and place Michael on the ballot, they will be ecstatic and we are doomed.

Latest posts

Top Bottom