Enlightening transaction with First Class Bullet & Brass

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ImplodedMindZ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well this all started off almost a month ago when i was searching the web for a place to purchase a large order of brass for myself and a friend. I came across First Class Bullets & Brass where they had everything listed in stock and nothing indicating the delay i experienced. So myself and a friend placed an order for over 3000 pieces of brass from FCB&B including 45, 9mm, & .223. Order placed on Dec 13th, and my account promptly debited for the full amount on the 14th. I figured a week or so to get the stuff out. I couldn't have been more wrong.

I placed a few calls and sent an email wondering about some sort of tracking on the 19th.... No response. 27th i sent another email and received a response it would be sent on the 28th. I never received any email notification of shipping. Sent another email the 4th and on the 5th received a response that the shipment had to be recalled because they shipped to my billing address instead of my friends shipping address that i specified in the order. The email said it would be shipped the 5th.

On the 10th at 4:05pm i received an email that my package had been dispatched today. At this point i was skeptical that it had been shipped on the 28th to the incorrect address because i never received a notification that the package was dispatched on the 28th. It finally showed up on the 11th at my buddies place. I don't want to take anything away from Bob and the quality of brass that they send out because it was very clean and good price for what we got. But it would have been nice to know it would almost be a month before i would receive it, or that they had some sort of back log. In my book if the $$ is taken from my account i expect my order to be shipped shortly after. Maybe im impatient or to demanding of a customer though.

Again i am not trying to bash anyone i just put this out there to inform others of my experience and what they might expect. If you want the brass and are willing to wait for it its not a bad deal.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
they apparently started business in 2011 and looking at the 223 brass I see possibly the problem.
it says from a private range. so think about it, the range generates x amount of brass per week and
they may have oversold and had to wait on more brass to become available.
however they should not have charged your cc til later and should have been more communicative.
thats the power of the internet. would guess this is a one-man part-time business not a giant company.

XD-9Guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You don't bill until you ship, that's bad business. Lots of folks do it but I never agree with it and I will dodge doing follow up business with the folks that do it to me. Glad you got your brass.

tman

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Feedback is a good thing. It helps the consumer and if the vendor is paying attention it will help them too. Appreciate your honest assessment.

Mitch H.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We sell brass in just about every caliber, including some odd rifle calibers. We also sell powder, primers and bullets.

ETA: The best part is you can pick up the brass immediately and you keep your money here in Oklahoma.

Mechanicalmehem

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just ask RickN on here next time you need brass. Its cleaned and you can get it the same day you ask for it. As long as he has your caliber at that particular time.

We sell brass in just about every caliber, including some odd rifle calibers. We also sell powder, primers and bullets.

ETA: The best part is you can pick up the brass immediately and you keep your money here in Oklahoma.

I have to say that I have done several deals with RickN for brass/etc. and have always had excellent results. I'd also like to say that with previous experience buying bullets from Mitch at J&K bullets that I would not hesitate to buy from him. They are both great people to do business with and they are both in oklahoma and contributers to this board(meaning they post and field questions on occasion).

--Mech

Latest posts

Top Bottom