Travel Rewards Account - Be sure to secure them

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This afternoon I got an email from Hilton about the digital key I requested for my stay at a Hilton hotel in Las Vegas. Except I didn't make a reservation to go to Vegas. I never got a notification that my credit card saved to my Hilton Honors account had been charged (I had recently requested a new card with a different number). So that was good. The secondary card had expired so it wasn't charged either.

I called the hotel to verify that they weren't going to try and push the charge through on one of the credit cards and indicated that someone had gained access to my Honors account and made a reservation under my name and had the details sent to another email address. They told me they'd cancel the reservation. Which they did based on what I'm seeing in my Honors account now.

Needless to say, I changed my password and removed any and all credit cards listed on the account whether they were valid or not. If we decide to book a reservation via the account we'll add a card then.

Would've been interesting to be a fly on the wall when whoever made the reservation can't use the digital key they requested and find out the reservation was canceled.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
This afternoon I got an email from Hilton about the digital key I requested for my stay at a Hilton hotel in Las Vegas. Except I didn't make a reservation to go to Vegas. I never got a notification that my credit card saved to my Hilton Honors account had been charged (I had recently requested a new card with a different number). So that was good. The secondary card had expired so it wasn't charged either.

I called the hotel to verify that they weren't going to try and push the charge through on one of the credit cards and indicated that someone had gained access to my Honors account and made a reservation under my name and had the details sent to another email address. They told me they'd cancel the reservation. Which they did based on what I'm seeing in my Honors account now.

Needless to say, I changed my password and removed any and all credit cards listed on the account whether they were valid or not. If we decide to book a reservation via the account we'll add a card then.

Would've been interesting to be a fly on the wall when whoever made the reservation can't use the digital key they requested and find out the reservation was canceled.
Call the Las Vegas Metro Police and advise them to be watching for a pissed off customer.

It might be a key to an investigation they are working on.

Latest posts

Top Bottom