eotech ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tcox

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
generally, yes. some people use them on shotguns too. Personally I wouldnt want to shoot farther than 100yards with one. They make magnifires for them which usually magnify the sight atleast by 3x but can be pretty pricey.
hope this helped

acpjosh

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes. They are capable of hits on man size targets out to 300. From what I have seen, trijicons and aimpoints are a little better for long range work. Eotech are very nice sights, but I personally would get something that has a dot that is 4moa or less.

Tcox

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
It depends on how much money you can afford. The Trijicon ACOG is an AWESOME optic but it cost an arm and a leg. Aimpoint has some cool stuff too!

acpjosh

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Depends on what you are going to use the rifle for. If you want an optic that is good for close range work that will hold at least 2 moa or better @ 200, a low power tijicon or a 1.5 power aimpoint. Even a 1-5x-- will work and probably provide better groups.

Ride Da Fire

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I never shoot 100 yards with my Eotech and Aimpoint but I let my best friend shot it when he came back visit me last month. The reason why I let him shoot my gun because he has so much experience with M4/M16 and he also in 101st ABN :). He hit the target at 100 yards with both of my Red Dot sights no problem. After he shot it he said he likes both but he also said that if he have some extra money he would get an ACOG, his unit issued ACOG on an M4. Hope this help.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes. They are capable of hits on man size targets out to 300. From what I have seen, trijicons and aimpoints are a little better for long range work. Eotech are very nice sights, but I personally would get something that has a dot that is 4moa or less.

Eotech's have a 1 MOA dot. I think the smallest an ACOG goes to is 4 MOA.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The eotech dot seems bigger to me than a aimpoints dot, I guess its just that 65moa ring, or optical noise as some people call it. Trijicon makes more than just the ACOG.

Stop looking at the dot itself and look at the target. The Eotech dot will become much smaller. It is a 1 MOA dot. You can also turn down the brightness and that will, depending on the user, sometimes make the dot appear smaller.

The smallest dot on a Trijicon Reflex is 6.5 MOA. The smallest available on their Red Dot is 3.5 MOA. We've already mentioned the ACOG. The rest of their lineup, being traditional scopes, wouldn't be in the same discussion as the Eotech.

Latest posts

Top Bottom