eotech ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

acpjosh

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I dont own one, just shoot other peoples guns with eotechs or whatever, I do look at the target while shooting. I was refering to the comparison of the two. My eyes seem to do better with an aimpoint. But, I can do almost as good with irons as I can with a red dot, at 300 I can smack steel more with irons than red dot, but thats just me. Trijicon offers a lowpower scope with an amber triangle that is illuminated with fiber optics and tritium, this would be equal to an Eo with a magnifier.

Spooln-Rex

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i have an eotech 512 on my ar and shoot out to 300yds without any problems. usually when i do though i will turn down the brightness to where the dot is almost transparent so i can see the targets better. granted 100yds and in is more what its built for but its not bad at all.

i have it zeroed at 50yds as well.

DestructoJr

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have an EOtech 512 and I can shoot the silhouettes at redcastle at 400yards fairly reliably. I think its all user dependant, 100 yards is no problem for the .223 even up to 800 yards is just fine.

The simple matter, and nature of a reflex sight is, its designed to be shot with both eyes open to keep the weapon on the shoulder or up at the high ready and have fast, easy target acquistion with out having to worry about cheek placement, sight alignment...etc. EOtechs are parallax free after 25yards meaning once its zeroed no matter how you look through the sight the red dot is where the bullet is going to hit plain and simple.

So to answer the OP's question, yes its used for that, but it works just fine shooting 300-400 hell out to 600 yards.

Tcox

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Whats the price of a trijicon when your buying nightforces.

Maybe I didnt read the first post correctly, but i don't think it involved anything including what I bought for my rifle. This thread has nothing to do with a nightforce that I bought. If you have something to say to me about what I bought, feel free to PM me.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Maybe I didnt read the first post correctly, but i don't think it involved anything including what I bought for my rifle. This thread has nothing to do with a nightforce that I bought. If you have something to say to me about what I bought, feel free to PM me.

Simmer down now. I think the other guy was just pointing out the paradoxical nature of your buying a Nightforce on one hand, but on the other saying how expensive these Eotech's are. Nothing more.

TJay74

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Big difference in Eotech is they are a laser projected on the lense and Aimpoints are a LED projected on screen.

The Aimpoints come in 2 and 4 MOA. I looked at both the Aimpoint and Eotech stuff side by side and I could not get past the optical noise the Eotech has in comparison to the Aimpoint.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Big difference in Eotech is they are a laser projected on the lense and Aimpoints are a LED projected on screen.

The Aimpoints come in 2 and 4 MOA. I looked at both the Aimpoint and Eotech stuff side by side and I could not get past the optical noise the Eotech has in comparison to the Aimpoint.

If you thought the Eotech had optical noise, then you were looking at the dot instead of the target. As soon as you stop looking at the dot and look at the target, the "noise" goes away and it looks like a very small, sharp red dot, almost like a laser.

TJay74

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Believe Me I Spent Alot Of Time Looking At Both Sights Mounted And Non-mounted.

Each Time The Noise Got My Attention And Turned Me Away From The Eotech. I Am Also That Same Guy That Could Not Stand The Factory Front Sight Post In My Scope Either As I Could See The Ghosting Image.

Latest posts

Top Bottom