eotech ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you thought the Eotech had optical noise, then you were looking at the dot instead of the target. As soon as you stop looking at the dot and look at the target, the "noise" goes away and it looks like a very small, sharp red dot, almost like a laser.

+1.

When I first got an EOTech RDS and held it up with the power on, I was dismayed to see how rough the reticle looked. Once I mounted it on a shotgun and went to the plinking range, the noise became a non-issue. Very easy to put a precise-looking red dot on a target while focusing on the latter.

acpjosh

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It is all about personal preference and what you eyes will accomodate. If I were clearing buildings, I would go with an EO. Just braket the target in the ring and pull the trigger. I did find that if the EO is turned way down my eyes adjust to it better, but like I said before, I prefer irons over a red dot.

Nighthawk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Whats the price of a trijicon when your buying nightforces.

I am a distributor for Eotec, and will be a dealer for Trijicon. Here are my Map prices if that helps you, that is all I can give on the internet.

Eotech 512.A65/1 MAP $409.

Trijicon Reflex
Rx30A-51 42mm Reflex Amber 6.5 MOA Dot Reticle wTA51 Flattop mount MAP $476.65

I hope this helps,

Mark

Mitch H.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have an Eotech 512 and shoot it out to 200 yards with ZERO problems. It does have the 1MOA dot with the 65MOA circle. It does have some optical "noise" regardless of brightness. It is less "noisey" on the lower settings.

To answer the OP's question, it is extremely useful for up close shooting as well as intermediate (read 200 yards here) distances.

daddy-o

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Simmer down now. I think the other guy was just pointing out the paradoxical nature of your buying a Nightforce on one hand, but on the other saying how expensive these Eotech's are. Nothing more.

Correct. Sorry if I offended you. I was only pointing out that what one person sees as to expensive others do not. Everyone has their preferences. Nothing more.

Latest posts

Top Bottom