Execution or defending his home? You make the call

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

milsurp2.0

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nope. The old woman was seriously injured.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liebeck_v._McDonald's_Restaurants

From the article:

"On February 27, 1992, Stella Liebeck, a 79-year-old woman from Albuquerque, New Mexico, ordered a 49-cent cup of coffee from the drive-through window of a local McDonald's restaurant located at 5001 Gibson Boulevard S.E. Liebeck was in the passenger's seat of her grandson's Ford Probe, and her grandson Chris parked the car so that Liebeck could add cream and sugar to her coffee. Liebeck placed the coffee cup between her knees and pulled the far side of the lid toward her to remove it. In the process, she spilled the entire cup of coffee on her lap.[11] Liebeck was wearing cotton sweatpants; they absorbed the coffee and held it against her skin, scalding her thighs, buttocks, and groin.[12] Liebeck was taken to the hospital, where it was determined that she had suffered third-degree burns on six percent of her skin and lesser burns over sixteen percent.[13] She remained in the hospital for eight days while she underwent skin grafting. During this period, Liebeck lost 20 pounds (9 kg, nearly 20% of her body weight), reducing her down to 83 pounds (38 kg).[14] Two years of medical treatment followed."

You guys really ought to read the article. It's short.

The PTSD defense is not gonna make it. He murdered those people. Is proud of it, and ought to burn for it.
And had the coffee been cold and not spilled on her she would have griped about it and been none the richer. Coffee is scalding hot. It's no big secret. Styrofoam or wax cups have no rigidity even worse when the lid is taken off. It did have a lid correct? When you remove that lid you are taking on a personal responsibility to have the intelligence to handle said scalding hot beverage. Skin grafting from a cup of coffee. Good night Irene.

milsurp2.0

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And JB, you know who ws to really blame here? Chris. Who doesnt help their elderly Grandmother with a cup of coffee while she adds the cream and sugar? What a man Chris, hope you enjoy that inheritance because you earned it.

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't even know where to start on this one.

The guy is either nuts, or I'm with Kennedy - something's fishy.

Moving the body(s) doesn't make sense.

The second "burglar" coming down the stairs after hearing gun shots doesn't make sense. Especially given the fact that if the first victim was shot on the stairs, fell down, and was shot at the base of the stairs again; there would be blood all over.

Sitting in the chair, just waiting for more doesn't make sense.

"finishing shot" is just sick.

Everything else was fine except this. I thought we are supposed to take a defensive position in the home, correct?

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
It's both and I'm good with both. They got exactly what they deserved.

As I was thinking about it last night, the only real comparison I can think of is this:

In war, you can kill all the enemies you want. But if you capture them (wounded or not), you can't execute them as POW's.

Still don't think it would qualify as Murder 1 (ala Ersland - which I still disagree with that) as the man did not initiate the chain of events - at least as far as we know in this story. Assuming they were burglars...

MaddSkillz

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
The guy was at level 10, they pushed him to 11. Don't tempt people by stealing their ****. You never know what kind of mood your potential "victim" is in.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Really? You post the kids pictures? I can show you pics of plenty of white-bread wholesome kids who murdered their parents, tortured kids, etc. Those pics mean nothing to me.

The guy went too far, that is agreed. Is he nuts? probably. does he deserve to just walk? probably not. cold blooded murder? Nope. Cold blood means that the victim of the murder did nothing wrong to provoke being murdered.
Exactly. Good wholesome looking kid here right?

murderpedia.org_male.D_images_dahmer_jeffrey_jeffrey_dahmer_25.jpg

murderpedia.org_male.D_images_dahmer_jeffrey_jeffrey_dahmer_18.jpg

Not.

[Broken External Image]

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The homeowner is seriously disturbed. Based on the circumstances presented and his statement, he's guilty of 2nd Degree murder on the girl at the very least. His actions after the shooting are depraved indifference. I think he should plead out to save himself some time, becaue he WILL be doing some. My only question is whether he should serve that time in a prison or an institution for the criminally insane. :(

BamaAlum97

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This guy went WAY past defending himself. Laughing or not, the girl bleeding out in front of him was no longer a threat. Phrases like "I wanted them dead" and "good finishing shot" are huge red flags and if I were on the jury, I would lean towards conviction. I am certain there is more to the story than what was in the article and I would be very interested in hearing the rest of the details prior to making a final decision.

Latest posts

Top Bottom