Fake Colt 1911?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CharlieWH2O

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Exactly, too many things wrong with it. I think it's a fake colt. It even has a flat mainsprimg housing like an early colt and a white dot front sight.
I'm not sure it is fake but it certainly is pieced together. The 1911 had a longer trigger than the A1, flat mainspring housing, and a shorter hammer tang. I can't see if there is a relief cut on the left side on the frame aft of the trigger guard as there would be on the A1? It certainly didn't have a dot on the front sight and the rear sight looks much newer. I can't read the serial number. It could be a pre A1 frame with a newer slide. No reason they wouldn't go together I can think of.

SNAKE PLISSKEN

"The name is Plissken"
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sell it at a gunshow as a genuine Colt. Selling overpriced junk is the only thing those places are good for.
I was looking to buy it but I passed on it. I thought it might have been a late war frame that wasn't PROPERTY marked but the community has spoken and I believe to be a $500 frankengun not an $800 colt.

D V US

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The serial # not coming up in Colt's database is no surprise. I've had several that wouldn't appear. The slide and frame are definately both Colt but of two different guns and decades. Maybe not worth $800 but worth more than $500.

Latest posts

Top Bottom