Unmarked NIB Colt 1911 ???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

madokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
the old unmarked 1911'a that appear once in a while are called lunchbox specials, employees would smuggle out parts in lunchbox and assemble them at home..some parts marked some not..still all original Colt 1911 parts.not incredibly rare ,not incredibly valuable...probably happened in WW1 also in WW2,, its estimated that there are 3 times as many "lunch box specials " from the WW2 era due to the many different contractors making the gun.

Last edited:

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
they call these lunchbox specials, employees would smuggle out parts in lunchbox and assemble them at home..some parts marked some not..still all original Colt 1911 parts.not incredibly rare ,not incredibly valuable...probably happened in WW1 also in WW2,, its estimated that there are 3 times as many "lunch box specials " from the WW2 era due to the many different contractors making the gun.

That's not what this is. These are guns sold by Colt thru normal distributor networks. They're not put together from parts stolen by employees. They're available from various sellers online and have been for years. They're made as a foundation for someone who wants to custom build a gun.

I got this one from CDNN back in early December and even posted pics of it in the "Anybody get anything cool..." thread:

1712315296736.png

This is the other side:

1712315419001.png

madokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's not what this is. These are guns sold by Colt thru normal distributor networks. They're not put together from parts stolen by employees. They're available from various sellers online and have been for years. They're made as a foundation for someone who wants to custom build a gun.

I got this one from CDNN back in early December and even posted pics of it in the "Anybody get anything cool..." thread:

View attachment 468069

This is the other side:

View attachment 468070
and this gun is NOT a 1911 is it??? no its a 1911a1,, my post was about old 1911's that are unmarked...

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
and this gun is NOT a 1911 is it??? no its a 1911a1,, my post was about old 1911's that are unmarked...

Oh...that must be why you edited your original comment referencing the specific gun in the OP and said "they call these lunchbox specials..." and as being built from...let me quote you again..."Colt 1911 parts".

As a matter of fact the model number from Colt on this gun is O1911CZ...not 1911A1. No "A1" in the model number anywhere. Anybody who knows anything about 1911 pistols, whether they're an early 1911 or an A1 version, commonly refers to them as "1911". Oh...just like you did...before you edited your post. And just like @L.C. said.

I wasn't trying to be an ass...just trying to let you, the OP and anyone else who might be interested, know these guns are purpose built by Colt. But if you wanna play that game I'm your man.

GorillaG

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
the old unmarked 1911'a that appear once in a while are called lunchbox specials, employees would smuggle out parts in lunchbox and assemble them at home..some parts marked some not..still all original Colt 1911 parts.not incredibly rare ,not incredibly valuable...probably happened in WW1 also in WW2,, its estimated that there are 3 times as many "lunch box specials " from the WW2 era due to the many different contractors making the gun.

Latest posts

Top Bottom