Fallin vetoes another gun bill?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sanjuro893

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nobody has heard anything back yet. We've made calls, sent e-mails, all I've gotten was "I'll let the senator know, thanks for calling." I'm following up with more phone calls tomorrow.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nobody has heard anything back yet. We've made calls, sent e-mails, all I've gotten was "I'll let the senator know, thanks for calling." I'm following up with more phone calls tomorrow.

AFAIK it is still in the Senate... my Rep says they haven't heard anything yet. It has to be overridden in the Senate before it can be sent to the House. Not sure if/when they will call for a vote to override in the Senate - my Senator has not replied to my email.

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That was the basis of my question in the beginning. Is a city street defined as a recreation area? I don't think so. To flatly declare that this law, as written, protects all public areas doesn't make sense because the law clearly only points to the existing exemption for parks, fairgrounds, and recreation areas.

Like I said before though, if all it did was clear up the long standing confusion over things like the State Fair, it's still a good thing....as long as we don't create more ambiguity in the process.

I see what you are saying about the specific wording but I think it is clear. Or at least common sense should dictate what is intended. If an area like a public street is not restricted then a vendor at a festival cannot setup shop for a day or two making it a restricted area. (i.e. Octoberfest in Tulsa that conducts searches to enter the festival)

sanjuro893

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Calling Fry and Bingman's offices again today. I'm starting to think maybe we should have an impromptu gathering on the capitol steps before the session is over.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I see what you are saying about the specific wording but I think it is clear. Or at least common sense should dictate what is intended. If an area like a public street is not restricted then a vendor at a festival cannot setup shop for a day or two making it a restricted area. (i.e. Octoberfest in Tulsa that conducts searches to enter the festival)

Well, you know what they say about common sense...so uncommon it should be considered a f-ing superpower.

Replacing ambiguity with more ambiguity isn't optimal. Still hoping for an override though...

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Well, you know what they say about common sense...so uncommon it should be considered a f-ing superpower.

i1285.photobucket.com_albums_a589_caojyn_7458CF1D_E38C_4B7F_83C3_D9A18635776D_zpsjguk5jpx.jpg

sanjuro893

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, I haven't heard anything back. I've emailed twice, called twice.... Fallin was on Flashpoint yesterday and the issue wasn't even brought up. Seems everybody just wants it to go away.

Latest posts

Top Bottom