Fatal Bear Attacks - North America

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
from my reading and news reports the majority of big cat attacks happen in california. my vote would be to introduce even larger numbers of big cats, bears, or any other large predator we can't compete with unless we're armed, into california. the cats can eat all those corkslackers they want and i won't lose any sleep over them

Problem with this is many predators are particular about what they eat. Fruits and Nuts are not a normal part of their diet, so your idea about them eating California F&N might be a tad shaky.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Everybody needs to carry the big Redhawk pistol out in the wilderness. People get et in the widerness. People get shot in the schools. So what? More people get et by hogs than get et by sharks. More People get shot in the schools than got shot by anyone out there. Very few people get et by bears than get et by anybody.In a world without bears and the wolves, big ******* march out into the wilderness and claim that they've conquered it

Hannibal would et you if you was in the woods with him. He’d et your brain with fava bees. Those are like killer bees I bet. Killer bees don’t et people though, they just bite em.

And wait just a gol-durned second here. Who do know was ever et up by a hog? You don’t I betcha. Ha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't know anybody et by a hog nor et by a shark neither. You have to trust statistics provided by the government.
Everbody knows them numbers caint be right so we have to go back to our own anecdotal experience. It's the cowboy way.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Excuse me, is this the takeout window? Would you like it to be?

polar bear.jpg

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They are becoming more common because we have better media to report them, and the green folks have shut down hunting seasons so they lose fear of man.
It's pretty common now in the NW to have a fully armed hunter stand guard while another field dresses an elk or deer. With the bears being protected, a gunshot signals that there is food available.

Mountain lion attacks on humans in states that have outlawed them are on the increase for the same reason.
The green folks that are constantly wanting to reintroduce wolves into the game populations are an agenda to stop hunting entirely. The elk herd around Yellowstone is so decimated by the wolves that they have shut down hunting in some areas. The greenies don't care that it has an effect on the local communities that support hunting.
Hunters and state regulations can easily handle elk and deer numbers without introductions of wolves, but if anyone hasn't figured it out yet, Wolf's are the back door way to shut down legal hunting and it has worked when they are brought into the environment where they thrive on elk, moose and deer.

You might want to update your info on the wolves and what they've done for Yellowstone. Yes, they have reduced the Elk population, and the entire ecosystem has benefited from that. All of it. From the grass to the water. To the birds and insects and especially the timber. Te entire ecosystem is better and has benefited from the presence of the wolf. They haven't impacted the bison, deer or moose population in any real quantifiable way. The park was overloaded with Elk, something like over twice the carrying capacity.

The local economy has also benefited. The estimated impact of lost Elk Hunting was a reduction of around $500,000 per year. The wolves bring in somewhere around $7-10 million dollars in direct economic impact.

The Elk herd, while smaller is, much healthier. The ecosystem as a whole is a lot healthier. The wolves belong in Yellowstone.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You might want to update your info on the wolves and what they've done for Yellowstone. Yes, they have reduced the Elk population, and the entire ecosystem has benefited from that. All of it. From the grass to the water. To the birds and insects and especially the timber. Te entire ecosystem is better and has benefited from the presence of the wolf. They haven't impacted the bison, deer or moose population in any real quantifiable way. The park was overloaded with Elk, something like over twice the carrying capacity.

The local economy has also benefited. The estimated impact of lost Elk Hunting was a reduction of around $500,000 per year. The wolves bring in somewhere around $7-10 million dollars in direct economic impact.

The Elk herd, while smaller is, much healthier. The ecosystem as a whole is a lot healthier. The wolves belong in Yellowstone.
We're mostly concerned with a population that people can hunt under safe circumstances. Nature nature blahh blahh blah

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The wolves bring in somewhere around $7-10 million dollars in direct economic impact.

The main issue with the overpopulation of elk in Yellowstone is because the tree huggers successfully prevented hunting within the border of the park. Elm migrating off the NP were fair game and some never left, just bred and multiplied. There were solutions that could have easily reduced the herd without reintroduction of wolves.
I can't wrap my head around what a wolf would do to bring in $7-10 million dollars annually in direct economic impact. I'd like to see the documentation about how that happens.

Latest posts

Top Bottom