Favorite .308 powder for LNL progressive?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maverick1911

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am going to be working up loads for my .308 and need to know the "best" powder for metering and consistency out of a LNL progressive....looking at 175 grain Sierra hpbt out of 1:12 remington 700...

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
You might be better served to go at it a bit differently. It may be more about what powder your rifle likes, rather than what powder your press likes. My rem 700 in 300WM like H4350SSC better than anything else I've run through it, but the wife's Savage in 30-06 likes IMR4831. Both meter fine in my Lee powder drops (sorry, no hornady to compare to).

oneof79

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have one of these. I do not like the feel of crunching extruded powder through the powder measure. Cfe223 works good through the powder measure but I haven't tried it on 308's.

Maverick1911

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have one of these. I do not like the feel of crunching extruded powder through the powder measure. Cfe223 works good through the powder measure but I haven't tried it on 308's.

I like the rcbs charge master combo....it's on my list of things I want. I just bought the dillon 1200 case trimmer for volume trimming on the LNL...

Dalyup

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I have one too!
Absolutely the best investment I have made in all the years of reloading.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Latest posts

Top Bottom