Favorite Holsters-IWB and OWB

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bigman405

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
My favorite IWB holster is the Sticky Holster. Don't need a belt to keep it still. Soft and comfortable.

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Alien Gear IWB

Same here for my most EDC full size 1911, not too expensive and more comfortable than my cross supertuck. It is holding up well, easily tucks in with a dress shirt if desired. Very functional for me. I did have to blue locktite the screws to keep them in place.

Commander Keen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
M-Tac hybrid IWB
This, for IWB. I've been using the Comp·Tac MTAC since I got my ccw 7+ years ago.

I've tried other holsters such as the Crossbreed and Alien Gear, but always went back to the MTAC. The Alien Gear was the best of the others I tried once I swapped out their metal clips for MTAC-style plastic ones.

My favorite OWB has been a Alessi CQC-S, but it doesn't get a ton of attention.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How many of you have taken a handgun training class with a hybrid holster? I've read a few less than favorable reviews of hybrid holster by instructors that have seen them fail during classes. I think the belt clips didn't secure the holster and backing material folding and losing shape were the issues that were brought up. Also, it was brought up that folks that have to frequently take their gun on and off of their body seemed to gravitate to the hybrid designs.

Commander Keen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've taken two or three courses with mine, as well as having shot a few carry gun matches with it.

I've never had an issue with the clips not holding on to my belt, and the backing is two layered pieces of bull hide. It's quite sturdy, though I've thought about buying a second one to keep around just in case they're unavailable when I eventually wear it out.

Latest posts

Top Bottom