Favorite Smart Phone & Provider

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wolfer69

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am reluctantly joining the herd, and need a smart phone. I need a family plan with two phones.

I still have a candy bar phone, so it probably does not have to be a IPhone 5, but if I am going to
do it, want some decent capabilities.

I would rather give the villainous phone company people the money, and write it off, than give the child fondlers at TSA more tax revenue.

So what says the community? Any favorites? Thanks.

dowmace

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I'm running a galaxy S3 on sprint, ever since they started turning on lte sprint service has become very good and still the only true unlimited provider

zseese

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
iPhone 5 on Verizon, Unlimited talk and text on mine and my wife iPhones and voice service virtually anywhere. I do Safety in the oilfield so I am all over BFE Oklahoma, Kansas, and Texas (Rural doesn't even begin to describe these rig locations) and rarely find myself unable to make a call. 4gb of data between the two of us is sufficient for streaming Pandora and IHeartRadio most of the time I'm driving.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Droid X2 on Verizon. When on AT&T, we had terrible service, but it might be different in Tulsa. We experienced dropped calls, late voice messages (like 2 and 3 days late), and a lot of places in Oklahoma where service was limited. Even in the Tuttle/Mustang area, I couldn't use the AT&T unless I went outside. Switched to Verizon and no problems since. Looking to upgrade to a Droid Razr in July.

Stoneman

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Droid X2 on Verizon. When on AT&T, we had terrible service, but it might be different in Tulsa. We experienced dropped calls, late voice messages (like 2 and 3 days late), and a lot of places in Oklahoma where service was limited. Even in the Tuttle/Mustang area, I couldn't use the AT&T unless I went outside. Switched to Verizon and no problems since. Looking to upgrade to a Droid Razr in July.

I have iPhone on Verizon and it does everything I am smart enough to ask it to do. Wife and M-I-L on unlimited plan with me and we are well satisfied. However, never been to SE Oklahoma so can't speak to that area.

Stoneman. deNAM 67/68

Latest posts

Top Bottom