Fess up to the $800 stripped lower on armslist

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
lets say that a stripped lower COST roughly $100.00 per 100 units bought through your local distributor. I would say fair mark value would be to be mark it up by 30-70%. That's means you would sell them for $130.00 to $170.00 each and would potentially make $3,000.00 - $7,000.00 per 100 sold. I'm sure with online orders you could sell those 100 stripped lowers in a matter of mins (panic buying). You yourself have said, "If you are in good standings with your distributor you should have no problem getting product in weekly." Now lets say you sell those same 100 stripped lowers for $1,000.00 at a local gun show you will then turn a profit of $90,000.00. Selling them for $350-500 in store should net you a profit of roughly $25,000.00 - $50,00.00.

Lets us use a P-MAG as the example for accessories. Your distributor sells you a p-mag for $14.00 per 100 units bought and you sell them for $25.00 each that's roughly a 70-75% mark up. If you sold all 100 p-mags you would potentially make $1,100.00 per 100 sold. Now lets say you sell those same 100 pmags for $125.00 each at a local gun show you will then turn a profit of $11,100.00 Selling them for $45-70 in store should net you a profit of roughly $4,100.00 - $5,600.00.

::CLIFFS::
REASONABLE: $4,000.00 - $8,000.00 potential profit from STRIPPED LOWERS and PMAGS (ONLY)
HIGH WAY ROBBERY: $101,100.00 potential profit from STRIPPED LOWERS and PMAGS (ONLY)
GREEDY: $29,100.00 - $55,600.00 potential profit from STRIPPED LOWERS and PMAGS (ONLY)

Just to be clear. It's ok with you if a LGS marks a $100 lower up to $170 and a $14 pmag up to $25? I'm going off your input to price our next batch.

BamaAlum97

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
$550 will seem like a bargain IF it is illegal to buy one a year from now. I don't own an AR nor have I sold one, but I think it is pretty funny to hear all of the griping about the prices. If you don't like the price that something is being offered at, don't buy it. If someone else buys it, good for the seller...They set it at a price that it could be sold at. There is nothing wrong with that. If you think your local gun shop is pricing unfairly, find a new shop...sooner or later you won't have anyone to buy from...

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just to be clear. It's ok with you if a LGS marks a $100 lower up to $170 and a $14 pmag up to $25? I'm going off your input to price our next batch.

You sell for whatever price you feel comfortable at man. Supply and demand! You can price as high as you want, obviously there are buyers in this market. Though a happy middle ground would bring in new, and keep current clientel happy. The people who usually get upset are those who missed the bus, and want that bus to back up just to get them. It's ridiculous for you to serve up your product cheap in a high market, making yourself a distributor to the saleman consumer who will profit from your good deed. Anyone questioning your ethics in a consumer set market isn't someone you want on that clientel list.

CastleB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

LMAO !!!!

You would still be at only half the price of that P.O.S. over at DONGS!!!

In there earlier this week looking for 1 15 round 40sw mag for my M&P. They had several PMAG on the rack for $49.99.

Now thats some LGS f***ing the customers.

neginfluence04

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Seeing a LGS with a stripped lower under $350 would be a nice welcome to most. How much is your actual COST on a CMMG, SPIKES, S&W and what's your actual cost on BLACK RAIN, MEGA, NOVESKE, SEEKINS? I'm talking about the cheapest price you could potentially buy them for if you bought in bulk (100, 500, 1,000, or even 5,000 units)?

Last edited:

neginfluence04

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was on the short bus before the panic buying started and managed to get a Spikes lower (105.00), Umbrella Corp lower (150.00), and Black Rain Ordnance lower (230.00) to add to my collection.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Seeing a LGS with a stripped lower under $350 would be a nice welcome to most. How much is your actual COST on a CMMG, SPIKES, S&W and what's your actual cost on BLACK RAIN, MEGA, NOVESKE, SEEKIN? I'm talking about the cheapest price you could get it for buying in bulk (100, 500, 1,000, or even 5K units)?

I'm not going to divulge our cost on anything, but I will tell you that none of the above are available and some have been back ordered for over a year since before the election. The depth of your pockets determines how much of anything you can buy, you have to pick and choose your suppliers since many require that you place an initial order of $25k. But thanks to your input, our next batch of lowers should put us in a position to retire. Seriously though, you might have missed out last week when we sold about 70 lowers for well under $350.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You sell for whatever price you feel comfortable at man. Supply and demand! You can price as high as you want, obviously there are buyers in this market. Though a happy middle ground would bring in new, and keep current clientel happy. The people who usually get upset are those who missed the bus, and want that bus to back up just to get them. It's ridiculous for you to serve up your product cheap in a high market, making yourself a distributor to the saleman consumer who will profit from your good deed. Anyone questioning your ethics in a consumer set market isn't someone you want on that clientel list.

We appreciate the support, we will continue to dole out what we can get at what seems to be a fair price.

CastleB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Let me ask you this, what percentage of profit do you feel is acceptable for a retail shop?

Sorry,
I got in a rant earlier and forgot what I was replying to.

I don't see anything wrong with a LGS raising their prices a little bit in this current market. However, the consumers if they are smart will remember the ones that went overboard with GREED during this situation. I am keeping track of whos legit and who has no loyalty to their customer base.

Some LGS are showing their true colors including the ones on our forum that are holding strong to their personal values over profit. And for that reason I say THANK YOU!

neginfluence04

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not going to divulge our cost on anything, but I will tell you that none of the above are available and some have been back ordered for over a year since before the election. The depth of your pockets determines how much of anything you can buy, you have to pick and choose your suppliers since many require that you place an initial order of $25k. But thanks to your input, our next batch of lowers should put us in a position to retire. Seriously though, you might have missed out last week when we sold about 70 lowers for well under $350.

We have just a few of these in stock. Much nicer than the Spike's lowers, you won't regret paying a little more.

$140 + tax
[Broken External Image]

If those cost you roughly $100.00 each I would say a 40% mark up was a fair price especially at that time. Yes, I did miss out on picking one of those up but I found a BRO in .223 and .308 instead.