Finally Got my First Black Rifle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
aimpoints only come in red dot and they are as or more expensive as eotechs. I have a trs 25 that has been on atleast a dozen different guns and still my go to. I also have a primary arms 3 moa red dot that has been on one gun for 500+ rounds and it works fine

Louro

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
+1 for the vortex strikefire and Vortex SPARC II Red Dot. I don't own one, (I have an aimpoint), but I have few friends that owns vortex and I have look through them; hard to beat for the price. Check PSA they have them on sale.

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I strongly suggest you do some research on the AR as a home defense gun. There are some down sides to this application.

Many people have an AR in place for home defense, and it'll certainly do the job, but depending on where you live, it may not be the best choice.

Can't help much on sights. My Bushy has the typical peep sight configuration in a removable carry handle. For me home defense is handguns backed up by shotguns. I live in a neighborhood where collateral damage is a high likelihood with any rifle.
with proper defensive ammo ,IE: not fmj, 223/556 isn't anymore likely to over penetrate than buck shot or handgun cartridges. but speaking as someone who has fired an AR in the house it is brain busting loud

Last edited:

Super Dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
with proper defensive ammo ,IE: not fmj,223/556 isn't anymore likely to over penetrate than buck shot or handgun cartridges. but speaking as someone who has fired an AR in the house it is brain busting loud

I used to keep my muffs by my pistol, because they are ALL really loud in a house. Lost/misplaced them in the move. Damnit!

Barrett

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Used pump shotgun from the pawnshop.

Then look at the HD7 Lucid sight. About half of the price of an EoTech. Uses a normal battery. I am happy with mine, now, I want a tan one to match my FDE rifle.

Latest posts

Top Bottom