Finally got the AK I wanted (Pic Heavy)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jakerz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So, recently I purchased an SLR-105 and immediately fell in love with the rifle. However, I decided I wanted a triangle folder. By a stroke of luck, I found this rifle on Gunbroker and immediately bought it and sold the other rifle. I know it's an SLR as well, but it saved me the trouble and time of having to install a folder and it cost me less than it would have been to have mine modified. Plus it came with a few extras. I'm super happy with this rifle and can't wait to take it to the range. The only thing I didn't like about the rifle was, the previous owner installed a recoil buffer. Of course, this is easily removed.

I immediately installed a US Palm grip on it. Other than that, I plan on installing a micro dot and calling it a day. I'm still looking at my mounting options for the red dot. I prefer the looks of the Ultimak with the stock lower hand guard. However, I like the function of the new MI SS Extended rail with the micro specific mount. The MI is supposed to run cooler as well, which should extend the life of the optic... Undecided. Anyhow, Thanks for looking. I'll update this post once I go to the range.

On a side note (and I'm sure most wont agree with this) I'm considering cutting the barrel down to 14.5" and rethreading the barrel to 1/2 x 28 and permanently installing a flash hider (undecided on which one yet). Back and forth on doing this or not. I just want something other than the 74 brake that's on it and i don't like any of the other options (the few there are) I have seen in 24mm x 1.5. Anyhow, thanks for looking.

(information from the listing)
Bulgarian AK74 period correct items that come with this rifle:

one (1) Bulgarian AK74 folder canvas drop case (brand new)
one (1) Bulgarian AK74/AKM sling (brand new)
one (1) Bulgarian Type 3 black polymer bayonet - serial numbers on bayonet and scabbard match rifle (brand new)
one (1) Bulgarian four (4) cell canvas magazine pouch (brand new)
four (4) Bulgarian 5.45x39 thirty (30) round magazines - two (2) black (Circle 10 marked) and two (2) red brick (Circle 21) polymer magazines
one (1) Bulgarian Army brown leather belt/brass plated buckle (brand new)
four (4) Bulgarian 5.45x39 stripper clips (excellent)
one (1) Bulgarian 5.45x39 stripper clip loading spoon (excellent)
one (1) Bulgarian AKM black plastic oil bottle (brand new)
one (1) Bulgarian 5.45x39 tool/cleaning kit (brand new).

All black polymer furniture is Bulgarian made. Bulgarian made AK74 chrome lined muzzle brake. Bulgarian script full and semi-auto markings engraved on receiver.

jakerz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

i77.photobucket.com_albums_j49_jakeums_P4117896.jpg

sumoj275

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Your new SLR 105/ AKS-74 is a great looking piece. I am a person who prefers the AKS style stock to the fixed too. The 5.45 rd is a lot of fun and quite interesting on how it acts when it hits something, look for parts after you are through shooting. From the looks of it you picked up a fine turn-key kit with a lot of correct accessories for it; belt is cool too.

On the red dot, go vwith a T1 or a PA clone in the Ultimak since it has proven itself. Just remember that there is no co-witness though so a qd mount would be beneficial.

As to cutting the brl back I sure would not do that since the current configuration will loose most of its value. If you want a shorter rifle find one that someone has already messed with, that way they are taking the hickey instead of you. The AK 74 muzzle brake is the most effective for the AK rifle because the baffles help the recoil impulses, and the signature. Of course it is your rifle so do with it as you please. Just shoot it first and give it a try.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Super sweet AK! I for one agree with your 14.5" idea. As a matter of fact, I'd perm an AAC two chamber comp on it and add a M42K can for good measure. Go with the MI rail and an Aimpoint H1, then add a Surefire X300 light and call it good. :)

jakerz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I'll take all thoughts into consideration. I absolutely love everything about this AK, except I would like to lighten up the front end a little. Sumo, I thought the Ultimak would allow for co-witness or at least 1/3 co-witness with a primary or T1. I know the MI SS rail will allow for co-witness, so I might have to go that route. Here are some examples of what I'm looking to do. Thoughts?

i77.photobucket.com_albums_j49_jakeums_010.jpg

i77.photobucket.com_albums_j49_jakeums_01.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom