Finding ammo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

71buickfreak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you are patient and take some time to look, you cna find it. You have to get lucky too, but I have bought ammo every day for the last 3 days at walmart. The .22 goes the fastest, that stuff doesn't last more than 15-20 minutes. I bought 300 rounds of .40 this evening, got some .45 yesterday and more .22 mag than I can shoot through my NAA revolver!

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not willing to stand in line for two hours at the Ponca walmart to get a box of .22.
I learned my lesson when clinton brought on the weapons ban.

Jeff405

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've had some luck at WM, When I'm there for other stuff I always stop by and see if anything is in. I scored a 250rd box of 9mm for my dad and a couple 100rd boxes of 45 for myself. And once in awhile a box of 270 hunting ammo. I don't stalk the counter, but if I'm there and they have it, I'll get a box. Academy is on my way home from work and I was stopping by daily for a couple weeks, but they normally are out of anything I can use so I dont even go there anymore. I don't cosider myself an ammo hoarder, but I want to have some when I want to go shoot. I havent seen .22 in a long time, so that rifle just has to stay in the safe.

Mr.357Sig

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My local Walfart sucks, as far as ammo goes. No 9, 22 38, 357 or 45. Zip, zero, nada. I've had much better luck online.

Haven't scored any 22 since December. Damn hoarders and preppers.

COLT 45

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been buying online and at Walmart for Walmart prices. You just have to pay attention and put in a little effort. I can't believe there are still those in the classifieds trying to charge double and even triple for ammo. Ammo is coming in stock everywhere regularly. You just can't expect to swing by Walmart at some random time and find it in stock. You have to check the links and know their schedule. No reason to pay more than .36 cpr for .223, .21 cpr for 9mm, or .04 cpr for .22lr. That is the average I've been paying and I've been getting it regularly during all of this mess. YMMV

Latest posts

Top Bottom