Fire

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RockHopper

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I arrived home yesterday to find a pair of fire engines flanking my driveway. There were 2 more coming and going, retrieving water for the dump fire that my landlord set....which of course got out of control and set the woods on fire.

I wasn't able to count every truck, but they put at least 6-7 loads of foam and water into it before they left. Within 1/2 hr, it was flaming again. It's STILL burning this morning. 7-8' high flames as the wind gusts in. It really pisses me off that between the landlord and the fire dept, apparently I'm the only one concerned enough to give a rats ass that this thing is still burning, and it's completely possible that I could come home to....no home.

The landlord claims it just started on its own (in 2 different places) while he happened to be working his brush hog in the next field. Since I moved in, this is only the 2nd time he's come out here to work on the property, so I'm calling ********. I hope the county hits him with a fine big enough to put a dent in his careless pride.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I arrived home yesterday to find a pair of fire engines flanking my driveway. There were 2 more coming and going, retrieving water for the dump fire that my landlord set....which of course got out of control and set the woods on fire.

I wasn't able to count every truck, but they put at least 6-7 loads of foam and water into it before they left. Within 1/2 hr, it was flaming again. It's STILL burning this morning. 7-8' high flames as the wind gusts in. It really pisses me off that between the landlord and the fire dept, apparently I'm the only one concerned enough to give a rats ass that this thing is still burning, and it's completely possible that I could come home to....no home.

The landlord claims it just started on its own (in 2 different places) while he happened to be working his brush hog in the next field. Since I moved in, this is only the 2nd time he's come out here to work on the property, so I'm calling ********. I hope the county hits him with a fine big enough to put a dent in his careless pride.
Praying that they get it under control. I would have sprinklers going all night soaking down around my home.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would be calling it in everytime I seen a flame. That is total BS.

The FD might send him bill. Possibly more, if burn bans are in effect or depending on their investigation.

Latest posts

Top Bottom