Fish Tacos!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blinocac200sx

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Taco bell seasoning packet, water, frozen fish fillets. Put the filet in a pan, and as they start to thaw, they come apart pretty easy, once they're all broken up, ad your water and seasoning. Once the water cooks off, serve in a taco shell with salsa and cheese. It's really just like making a regular taco, but with fish.

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm always disappointed by restaurant fish tacos so i make my own. Fish of your choice, tilapia makes a good inexpensive option, I usually season the fish with a sprinkle of store bought Taco Bell taco seasoning and a light dusting of flour to give it a little bit of crunch without being 'breaded'. Oh...I cut the fish into taco sized strips before seasoning and flour. Fry them in a skillet, it goes quick. I finish the tacos with some finely shredded cabbage and onion that has been tossed with fresh squeezed lime juice, a pinch of ground cumin and salt to taste about an hour before serving. A generous splash of your favorite hot sauce or salsa and good to go. Generally I prefer flour tortillas but with these fish tacos I use corn tortillas that have been lightly grilled. If you like a creamy topping on your fish taco mix some sour cream, a bit of real mayonnaise (don't use Miracle Whip or you'll be sorry), some of the same taco seasoning, fresh ground pepper and a splash of hot sauce. Yummerz

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm always disappointed by restaurant fish tacos so i make my own. Fish of your choice, tilapia makes a good inexpensive option, I usually season the fish with a sprinkle of store bought Taco Bell taco seasoning and a light dusting of flour to give it a little bit of crunch without being 'breaded'. Oh...I cut the fish into taco sized strips before seasoning and flour. Fry them in a skillet, it goes quick. I finish the tacos with some finely shredded cabbage and onion that has been tossed with fresh squeezed lime juice, a pinch of ground cumin and salt to taste about an hour before serving. A generous splash of your favorite hot sauce or salsa and good to go. Generally I prefer flour tortillas but with these fish tacos I use corn tortillas that have been lightly grilled. If you like a creamy topping on your fish taco mix some sour cream, a bit of real mayonnaise (don't use Miracle Whip or you'll be sorry), some of the same taco seasoning, fresh ground pepper and a splash of hot sauce. Yummerz

You're hired.

IndVet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I made these a couple weeks ago. They were outstanding.

This recipe is from the Tabasco web site.

Jalapeno Fish tacos with Spicy Slaw

Ingredients

3 tablespoons olive oil
3 1/2 tablespoons TABASCO® brand Green Jalapeño Pepper Sauce, divided
1 1/2 tablespoons lime juice
2 pounds tilapia fillets
6 cups shredded green cabbage
2/3 cup sour cream
1 tablespoon TABASCO® brand Chipotle Pepper Sauce
1/2 teaspoon salt
8 six-inch flour tortillas, heated

Preparation

In a large resealable plastic bag or glass bowl, combine olive oil, 1 1/2 tablespoons of the TABASCO® Green Sauce, lime juice and tilapia fillets. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
In a bowl, toss cabbage with remaining 2 tablespoons TABASCO® Green Sauce and set aside.
Combine sour cream and TABASCO® Chipotle Sauce in a small bowl and refrigerate.
Heat a nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Remove fish from marinade and sprinkle with salt. Place fillets in pan and cook for 4 to 5 minutes per side or until desired doneness.
Spread a little chipotle sour cream on each warm tortilla. Top with the fish (about 1/2 fillet for each taco) and jalapeño slaw.

Latest posts

Top Bottom