Fishing Help...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Droff

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My Dad is visiting from NC and staying with us for a few more months. He's 85 and not in real good health, needs a walker to get around and can't walk very far, even with it. I've supplied his gun fix for the most part, we've had a few trips to the range, he can sit and shoot. We'll be shooting his Model 94 with a scope before too long.
He's mentioned fishing a couple times, he enjoys it but hasn't done it for many years due to mobility. I don't have any local hookups for a fishing spot let alone one with easy access. We've taken striper charters on Texoma a few times over the past 20 years and that's an option but I'd like to try and find something more local (and honestly, cheaper). Tulsa isn't out of the question.... He's not looking for a stringer full of fish, just wanting to throw a line in and hopefully catch something, catch and release.

So, what I'm looking for are some ideas (or offers) for some fishing on a small lake or pond. No boat unless it's handicap accessible. Maybe 2 or 3 of us, all adults. I don't know what may be worth fishing for or not, I'm not much of a fisherman myself anymore.

Thanks folks.....

Droff

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I appreciate all the replies fellas.
The offer to fish your pond, D Hargrove, is awesome, that distance for a road trip shouldn't be a big deal.
I've never heard of Pretty Lake, that's within driving range too.
I'll talk to Dad and try to get something decided, then getting some fishing gear together.

Thanks again guys.

Latest posts

Top Bottom