Flashlight LED upgrades

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hump66

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Has anyone taken an incandescent FL and converted it to an LED? I just ordered a CREE P60 replacement for my Surefire 6P. I'm hoping to get a much better run time out of it. It also has a higher lumen rating, but the with way those are measured, I'll just have to see what the difference really is in person.

Hump66

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, I've been over there a few times. That's where I read up on lumen ratings and how they can be somewhat deceptive.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Has anyone taken an incandescent FL and converted it to an LED? I just ordered a CREE P60 replacement for my Surefire 6P. I'm hoping to get a much better run time out of it. It also has a higher lumen rating, but the with way those are measured, I'll just have to see what the difference really is in person.

Prepare to be impressed. Longer battery time and a crap-ton of extra output. I was close to selling my G2s until I did the CREE upgrades.

Last edited:

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I dropped a Cree XM-L into my C2 Centurion. I had to have the body bored to accept 18650 batteries for the XM-L, but it was worth it all around. It literally transformed that light.

Hump66

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I dropped a Cree XM-L into my C2 Centurion. I had to have the body bored to accept 18650 batteries for the XM-L, but it was worth it all around. It literally transformed that light.

Once it's bored, can you still use the standard batteries, if need be?

Quick_Draw_McGraw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hopefully bulboy sees this thread.

I got some Maglight upgrade kits from him a few years back and they were great. They even still worked with the beam focusing feature of the light. I just can't remember the name of them though.

Latest posts

Top Bottom