Flip caps or neoprene cover?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So on both of my Leupolds I use a Leupold neoprene cover.
Looking for something to protect the lenses of my Burris Mtac.
Get another cover you slip on and off or look into flip caps?
Are there specific benefits to either?

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Flip Caps have never been my cup of tea but I honestly have never used them so I'm not sure if I'm missing out.
I think I'm going to give some quality ones a try on my long range gun to keep some basic adjustments written on the inside of them but wont need that for the AR's.

I dont think the elastic cord ones are my thing either...the ones I've had have never lasted.

ef9turbo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
i like flip up caps, but they have to fit tightly...i'd take a close look at the Vortex rubbery ones

This. I prefer flip caps. The Vortex brand caps stay on the optic tight. I have taken my rifle out to training, hunting, run and gun, etc. and have never had an issue with flip caps. I hate the clear elastic bad caps, they blow ass. That is all.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like flip caps as well. Some refer to the rubberized objective/eyepiece covers that are connected by stretchy bands as a "bikini cover". Always found this kind of quaint, but the one that came with my Vortex Sparc snapped within a few months and were rendered irritating/useless, so I bought flip caps. Butler Creek, I believe, and they fit tight and have never had a problem with them.

beastep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Butler Creek flips. I have them on ever scope. Even my little girls stuff has them. But all my stuff gets carried hunting at one point or another. If it was just from a safe to case to shooting bench then I wouldnt worry about any. But you have to find the ones that fit absolutely perfect or they suck.

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I use both, each type has its purpose. The best flip covers made (for Leupold scope anyways) are the Leupold Alumina covers. Expensive at around $75 a pair, but worth every penny and better than anything else made.

Latest posts

Top Bottom