Looking for Ruger SFAR 16.1” Scope/LPVO Recommendations Please

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MilitantBEEMER

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So I picked up the SFAR today. Now I am hunting for some versatile optics. I want something that is good at close quarters but will also give me some clear magnification out to 200-300 yards. Most of my use will be at 100 yards or less but I do want to stretch it occassionally.

My budget with appropriate mount is ~$500

I like Leupold, Vortex, Primary Arms, etc. Clear easy to use glass is at the top of my list.

I acknowledge that I am a complete noob to this aspect and appreciate any advice or recommendations.

Thank you

MilitantBEEMER

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

jtmcglothin

You’ve got a fren in me
Special Hen
Reaction score
That’s a great price. Looks like most run it on a 5.56. I wonder how it would perform on the 308?
I'm sure it would perform just as well as any other LPVO around that price point. I have the 1st gen 1-6 strike eagle I bought from another member here on my .556 and I love it. I would definitely go with a 1-8 for a .308 rifle though just for the added magnification/range.

MilitantBEEMER

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm sure it would perform just as well as any other LPVO around that price point. I have the 1st gen 1-6 strike eagle I bought from another member here on my .556 and I love it. I would definitely go with a 1-8 for a .308 rifle though just for the added magnification/range.
I am hoping to get out and about this weekend and see if anyone has this in stock so I can see the clarity and reticle system first. The price seems hard to beat.
I also really like the looks of the new PA Slx 1-8, but it is a bit more and does not include the mount.

Latest posts

Top Bottom