Florida SYG Case

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, he screwed up. He left a fight, went grabbed his gat, then went back into the fight. If his wife and kids were in there it might be different, but I don't think it would be. Someone trying to get the wife and kids would just go for them, not run to the car and grab the gun and then run back. At least I wouldn't.

He was able to get free of danger, then he put himself back in a knowingly dangerous situation without need. He wasn't over in the sandbox anymore. It is no longer his duty to put himself in harms way to save his friends back here on US soil. Especially not when the danger they are in is a simple bar brawl. Firefight with crooks, different situation. He was appropriately charged.

BTW, people can call it whatever they want, doesn't make it so. This is not a SYG case at all.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good. I agree with you for the most part, and FWIW, so did the folks on the Kansas forum. About the only thing I might disagree with you on was the charge. The DA could have charged him with a lesser crime, but even there, it isn't graven in stone with me.

hemipowered22z

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good. I agree with you for the most part, and FWIW, so did the folks on the Kansas forum. About the only thing I might disagree with you on was the charge. The DA could have charged him with a lesser crime, but even there, it isn't graven in stone with me.

I agree a 100% with you guys. I myself still hold a FL and OK permit. The laws in FL are quite similar to OK. I dont think he followed the law but a lesser charge would have been enough.

flashover08

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Knowing that they cant get our guns they are going to get us for using them they always figure out a way to get what they want
Have A Great Sunday Evening
flashover08
}><}}};> PHIL 4:13 <;{{{><{

Latest posts

Top Bottom