Norinco SKS

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2 Timothy 4:7-8

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Walked by a yard sale today. The man was selling out to move to Florida. I did not see much that interested me so I asked if he had any guns he is selling. He showed me a Norinco SKS that was pretty beat up. He said he would take $900 for it. I don’t know anything about SKS but I can’t imagine why he would be asking so much for it. It didn’t have a bayonet or an optic of any kind. It had a synthetic stock and original magazine.

I thought about asking him why he thought it was worth that but I didn’t. I figure it’s his gun so it’s up to him on how much he wants to sell it for.

Any ideas on what would make it worth $900??

g54b16psi

Marksman
Reaction score
Walked by a yard sale today. The man was selling out to move to Florida. I did not see much that interested me so I asked if he had any guns he is selling. He showed me a Norinco SKS that was pretty beat up. He said he would take $900 for it. I don’t know anything about SKS but I can’t imagine why he would be asking so much for it. It didn’t have a bayonet or an optic of any kind. It had a synthetic stock and original magazine.

I thought about asking him why he thought it was worth that but I didn’t. I figure it’s his gun so it’s up to him on how much he wants to sell it for.

Any ideas on what would make it worth $900??
The Chinese SKS were very high quality, and Norinco has become very collectible. SKS has an internal 10 round (stripper clip loaded) magazine that protrudes a little from the bottom...if this is the magazine you are describing, it can be removed and bigger external mags can be used. If it has been modified to use bigger external mags and he's doesn't have the original magazine, that's annoying. But if it's been Bubba'd into a polymer stock and it doesn't have a bayonet, I'd pass, even for $300. Anyone specifically looking for a Norinco is going to want it correct. And even if a buyer didn't care about the name, not having the bayonet really sucks. For me, that's one of its most appealing features. My Chinese SKS has the spiker style.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Chinese SKS were very high quality, and Norinco has become very collectible. SKS has an internal 10 round (stripper clip loaded) magazine that protrudes a little from the bottom...if this is the magazine you are describing, it can be removed and bigger external mags can be used. If it has been modified to use bigger external mags and he's doesn't have the original magazine, that's annoying. But if it's been Bubba'd into a polymer stock and it doesn't have a bayonet, I'd pass, even for $300. Anyone specifically looking for a Norinco is going to want it correct. And even if a buyer didn't care about the name, not having the bayonet really sucks. For me, that's one of its most appealing features. My Chinese SKS has the spiker style.
As long as it didn't get neutered coming into the country, and still has the threaded lug, it's fine. I even have a spare spike bayonet for one, if I ever run across one with it missing.

Latest posts

Top Bottom