FN .45 vs. M&P .45

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mbfree

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am looking at purchasing one of these.
Looking to get some feedback from shooters that have had experience with either.
Is one better than the other? Accuracy, reliability, finish, overall impression?

I am leaning towards the FN..

Thanks in advance

TonyT

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have not shot the FN45. In 45 ACP I have several 191''s a S&W 645 and a S&W 945PC. I recently purchased a full size M&P45 and have been impressed by it's reliability and accuracy. The M&P45 fed 185 gr. LSWC, 185 to 230 gr. JHP and 230 gr. FMJ bullets with total reliability. My piece provided nice tight 10 shot groups at 50 ft of 1 1/4 to 2 inches. A great gun for the price - not bullseye leveel accuracy but great for either defense or practical pistol games.

aeropb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Gonna have to deal with the DA/SA or cocked and locked on the FN. I'd go with the striker fired M&P. They make M&P's with a manual safety like a 1911 if that suits you.

Norman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'll admit I haven't shot either pistol in 45, but I have in .40 and 9. The FN's controlls are busy and it has a high bore axis, so follow up shots are slower and felt recoil is harder. Plus I'm not a fan of DA/SA. I'd go with the M&P but with a trigger job. The factory triggers in MP's are kinda sucky IMO. Just my thoughts. If I were you I'd try one them both though.

jakerz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you like sig's you'll love the FN. I have an FNX-9 and it is a very accurate reliable pistol. The only thing that I don't like is the magazine. There is a small piece of metal that extends from the middle of the magazine that is used for the ambidextrous magazine release. this small piece of metal likes to catch in magazine holders and nylon. Other than that, the pistol is awesome. I like how the safety is also used as the decocker. Never handled an M&P, so I can't compare it to that. As far as the DA/SA, I just have it cocked and on safety (just like a 1911) and holster/shoot it that way. The DSA on the FN feels like it has a 50lb trigger pull, but the SA pull is amazingly crisp. Good Luck

Latest posts

Top Bottom