FN 545 vs FNX-45

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Craig568

Gun enthusiast
Reaction score
So, just getting ya guys opinion. In the market to buy Fn 45 And stuck between the FN 545 with the optics ready slide with threaded barrel. Or the FNX – 45 with no optics slide and no threaded barrel
I do enjoy optics, but I never have had a silencer of any sort, have thought about buying one, but not really sure if they’re worth it. Anyway, just kicking around in my brain trying to decide which way to go. thought I’d hear y’all’s thoughts and advise, thank you in advance.

jollyrancher

Marksman
Reaction score
The fnx 45 tactical has a threaded barrel and optic ready slide. I bought one and mounted a holosun on it. Loved it so much I bought a standard fnx 45 later on so I could take it with me creek fishing and not worry about water logging the red dot. Bullet proof pistols.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So, just getting ya guys opinion. In the market to buy Fn 45 And stuck between the FN 545 with the optics ready slide with threaded barrel. Or the FNX – 45 with no optics slide and no threaded barrel
I do enjoy optics, but I never have had a silencer of any sort, have thought about buying one, but not really sure if they’re worth it. Anyway, just kicking around in my brain trying to decide which way to go. thought I’d hear y’all’s thoughts and advise, thank you in advance.

I'd put both in your hand. I also have the FNX and it is a tank. Great suppressor host.

HMCS(FMF)Ret.

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve shot a lot of handguns, but I’ve never shot an FN. I’ve never even heard anyone say how good they are (weird). My advice, if you’re anywhere around 40 get the optic ready version. That’s when most of us old guys start losing our vision. If your young, get whatever you want.

Latest posts

Top Bottom