Folding Knife Choice.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Picked up a hogue deka in magnacut and a bench made Osborn 940 g10 scales. (Rei special edition) I hate the scales and thumb studs on the hogue Deka. I’m in the Osborn price range when I fix the scales, but will still be stuck with the crappy studs. I don’t understand all the deka love. I’ve gone on a knife buying spree as of late.

Last edited:

bubbaturbo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I thought about those magnacut Dekas for a long time but I've decided I only like flippers and no front flippers - at least for a pocket knife. I'm sold on the Elementum and Petrified Fish PF818. And orange or bright blue.

DaveinOKC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Picked up a hogue deka in magnacut and a bench made Osborn 940 g10 scales. (Rei special edition) I hate the scales and thumb studs on the hogue Deka. I’m in the Osborn price range when I the l, but will still be stuck with the crappy studs. I don’t understand all the deka love. I’ve gone on a knife buying spree as of late.
Don't rely on my word, do your own research but I think the Benchmade studs and aftermarket replacements will fit the Deka if you like their shape more. You might also look into Applied Weapons Technologies or The Original Goat Scales if you want different scales.

David

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Don't rely on my word, do your own research but I think the Benchmade studs and aftermarket replacements will fit the Deka if you like their shape more. You might also look into Applied Weapons Technologies or The Original Goat Scales if you want different scales.

David
Yep, the studs should fit. But after fixing all that I’m over the price of a benchmade. It’s shocking how much scales cost for a deka

TerryP

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thin, light and razor sharp

Attachments

• IMG_0966.png
    IMG_0966.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 0

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I
Yep, the studs should fit. But after fixing all that I’m over the price of a benchmade. It’s shocking how much scales cost for a deka
I was going to recommend looking at Flytanium scales for the Deka, but they cost almost as much as the least expensive Dekas.

ETA: The Flytanium Shredded CF scales for my Mini Osborne cost a good deal less than their Deka models…