"For Our White Friends Desiring to Be Allies"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's blatantly false. That's a number/% that you completely made up.

While an individuals choices can lead to poverty, it's a vicious cycle that many cannot get out of. Not everyone gets the same opportunities. While some people can rise from the ashes not everyone can, regardless of how hard they try.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We are promised THE CHANCE ... not the success but honestly, there will ALWAYS be those that look for the easy way out -- and what looks like "unsuccessful" to one person, is another person's dream come true -- whether that's is dealing drugs and being the baddest ass on the block or being a welfare queen.

If I had a ****ing nickel for every teacher, daycare worker and yes, social worker I had to deal with at DHS, who told me I needed to: move into the projects so I could spend more time (i.e., not work two jobs and get more benefits) with my kids, how I should just pregnant 3 or 4 more times because then we "could afford to live on welfare", or that my kids were gonna turn out to be felons because I "couldn't manage to stay married and keep a man around for them" I be the wealthiest ****ing person on the damned planet. Seriously, I swear I would make George Soros look like a ******* pauper.

Do you have any idea how many times I failed at whatever it was I was trying to do because my kids came first?? School?? Yeah ... your damned professor doesn't care that you KNOW the subject matter and passed all the tests ... nope you get a "D" because you missed too much class dealing with sick kids in the winter. Jobs I missed out on because I wasn't married -- not supposed to ask that but back then they did anyway -- because I was considered "unreliable" because I was a single mom. My personal favorite was the law office here in OKC that paid me $7k less a year than a male counterpart, although they continually asked me to clean up his messes, because, and I quote "He has a family to feed."

Just because it's HARD doesn't mean you can't do it. The only reason I am where I am today is because I simply refused to take "No" for an answer.

Of course, depending on what you actually aspire to in your life I suppose the same could be said for the Welfare Queens out there.

And just in case my post reads like I'm angry, I'm really not. Just saying that life ain't fair. But that's not an excuse for giving up.

Frederick

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Horse S***, Its a vicious cycle because of the stupid choices people make. There isn't one single kid in this country that doesn't have the opportunity to make his life better than that of his parents. The only deciding factor is for those that lack the intelligence to make it happen

Any kid that is intelligent enough to want have a better life than what he has, can do it. It starts with self determination and getting educated.

The next step is not having kids before you can afford them. That right there is the biggest reason that kids don't have opportunities!!!! That and not staying on the right side of the Law

Your kind of thinking is why kids stay poor into adulthood and through their lives

A disproportionate amount of the impoverished are in fact disabled.

povdis2014.jpg

Most the folks who decry the poor as lazy had the benefit of a good education and a middle class support network.

According to estimates by The National Institute for Literacy, roughly 47 percent of adults in Detroit, Michigan — 200,000 total — are “functionally illiterate,” meaning they have trouble with reading, speaking, writing and computational skills.

Doesn't help to "get an education" when the education sucks.

Also, white and Asian culture tends to be more education orientated and greater work ethic than the African American communities. That's why whites and Asians often do better as well, on a average. Infact, Asians earn significantly more than whites do. #asianprivilege

operator742

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

povdis2014.jpg

Most the folks who decry the poor as lazy had the benefit of a good education and a middle class support network.

According to estimates by The National Institute for Literacy, roughly 47 percent of adults in Detroit, Michigan — 200,000 total — are “functionally illiterate,” meaning they have trouble with reading, speaking, writing and computational skills.

Also, white and Asian culture tends to be more education orientated and greater work ethic than the African American communities. That's why whites and Asians often do better as well, on a average. Infact, Asians earn significantly more than whites do. #asianprivilege
That's because a large part of the Africa American community has been taught to live off the government since childhood. And most are 3rd and 4th generation welfare recipients. And that to me is a broke system.

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

povdis2014.jpg

Again, horse ****...... The education sucks because the kids don't care to get educated. If the education sucked then how do you explain those inner city kids that do want to learn often go on and go to college. There are SOOOOOO MANY scholarships for minorities its not even funny. There are just not enough kids that want to take advantage of them

I grew up in a "not quite" the ghetto, but it was damn close. I didn't have a single teacher that wasn't willing to put in the extra time with any student that asked for it, And I and often asked for it. There were also 3 black kids I knew that were often in there with me. All 3 of those black kids are making a hell of a lot more than me now. Why? because the wanted it and made it happen

Frederick

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Again, horse ****...... The education sucks because the kids don't care to get educated. If the education sucked then how do you explain those inner city kids that do want to learn often go on and go to college. There are SOOOOOO MANY scholarships for minorities its not even funny. There are just not enough kids that want to take advantage of them

I grew up in a "not quite" the ghetto, but it was damn close. I didn't have a single teacher that wasn't willing to put in the extra time with any student that asked for it, And I and often asked for it. There were also 3 black kids I knew that were often in there with me. All 3 of those black kids are making a hell of a lot more than me now. Why? because the wanted it and made it happen

What about the disabled?

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What about the disabled?
What about them? Some are faking disabilities and some aren't. I see too many doing things they claim they cant do. For many its far too easy to accept living on disability rather than get re-educated to get a job that doesn't cause them harm. There are **** loads of gov programs for re-education too. Many of those programs go unused.

And yeah there are plenty disabled who are actually and truly disabled. But if we got ride of the fakers, the truly disabled would get far better care

I also realize that many who planned for their future appropriately often have their nest egg destroyed by illnesses like cancer and what not.

Frederick

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What about them? Some are faking disabilities and some aren't. I see too many doing things they claim they cant do. For many its far too easy to accept living on disability rather than get re-educated to get a job that doesn't cause them harm. There are **** loads of gov programs for re-education too. Many of those programs go unused.

And yeah there are plenty disabled who are actually and truly disabled. But if we got ride of the fakers, the truly disabled would get far better care

I also realize that many who planned for their future appropriately often have their nest egg destroyed by illnesses like cancer and what not.

That's why we need Medicare for all.

Latest posts

Top Bottom