For Telemarketers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Please be careful with this, a telemarketer is actually selling a product and working a lead that they got from a response from you that you requested. If you say you are not interested, they actually remove you from the list and rarely if ever contact you again. They are actually offering a product or service you are or were interested in. Typically they will leave a voice message as to why they are calling and a number they may be reached at.

That leaves you with the call you got, a Spam or Scam call, The info they have on you ranges from none to detailed that has been stolen from a variety of sources. Yes, many originate from India with the advent of cheap Voice over IP and auto dialing software built into their computer, their job is to get as much info on you to use for online theft. Good examples are "Amazon" "MediCare" "Credit Card reduction of interest or debt forgiveness " Or any number of fruadulant calls. Calling these people telemarketers is an insult to those who are truly offering services.

A telemarketer will know your name (or the name you used when you requested info) and be able to upfront tell you the name of the company you requested info from, and the number in your caller id will be reachable.

I hate these people with a passion, they make it much more difficult for a person and or company to conduct business, also they have almost rendered cellular service almost unusable.

Typically I will give them a false name, string them along to the point were they are cussing away. I know I have made their day much happier.
Thanks for your advice. I can't think of any business that isn't in my phonebook that I need to talk to. So, if they are someone, I do business with the caller ID will let me know if I want to talk to them. Just about every time I get these calls there is a bunch of background chatter going on. I would welcome the risk of being removed from all these call list. What I'm doing seems to be working because I'm getting fewer calls now. One of the callers got angry and suggested that I had had sex with someone's mother. I told him it was his.

Frank Pope

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don’t care if they care or not, as long as they’re doing the right thing.

I have sent a cease demand coupled with a damages demand under the Oklahoma Consumer Protection Act to the insurance company behind these Social Security supplement calls. Unfortunately, they have ignored me and I cannot find an Oklahoma lawyer who will prosecute this as a private cause of action. I really don't understand this because the potential damages are in the millions.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have sent a cease demand coupled with a damages demand under the Oklahoma Consumer Protection Act to the insurance company behind these Social Security supplement calls. Unfortunately, they have ignored me and I cannot find an Oklahoma lawyer who will prosecute this as a private cause of action. I really don't understand this because the potential damages are in the millions.
They have more millions, they have billions, possibly trillions.

Latest posts

Top Bottom