For the Love of Steel!!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
ldp -

I have a Boker Subcom that I love...just wondering which of the two larger Chad Los Banos knives you prefer, the Hyper or the Trance? I haven't handled either of them yet, but would think that the Trance's shape and the way the blade sets in relation to the handle would be nicer to cut with, but the Hyper is made of better materials. Any thoughts?

Well I like the way the two larger ones feel in the hand, but I haven't used any of the three. My personal carry is a Cold Steel medium Voyager, and a VSAK HUntsman. CLB has some very cool designs, and I really need to get some of his others for my collection.

Leighton

PS I do have a friend that carries the smaller Subcom as his EDC and really loves it.

Hat3d1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v260_hat3d1_S7302183.jpg

kansas45

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When the kids ask what do you want for a present Dad, I always tell them "You can't have too many knives or fishing lures". I don't have nearly as many knives as you two, but the lures are getting close to a thousand!
And no, I'm not gonna' lay them out for a photo session!
Nice collections, idp4570, okiebertt & Hat3d1! :sunbath:

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
ldp4570, here's one you will appreciate. My first Strider SMF.
aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v23_hberttmank_stridersmf.jpg

Very, very nice!!! I have the Buck version. Even though its not a true Strider, she seems to be a pretty tough blade!!

Leighton

PS Kansas45, Thank you, my collection is a labor of love. Even though I had a couple of knives when I joined the Army in 76, its all because the US Army sent me to Germany in 77, after that I was smitten with the blade infection, and the rest is history. I spent four tours in Germany.