Fixed Blade Knife

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SKATA

Leave the gun, take the cannoli
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not an expert so I'm looking for suggestions on purchasing a fixed blade knife with sheaf. Something to have in vehicle in a survival type bag. Under a $100 if possible.
Looked at store brands like Ka-Bar, Gerber, etc. I know that grips and metals for the blade mean something. Any suggestions ?
Also. Should I attend the Wanenmacher Show in Tulsa for a good selection?

surjimmy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Gerber Strongarm. One on left is the Strongarm
20240220_231302.jpg

Last edited:

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I haven’t priced them lately, but I keep an ESEE 4 in my get home bag.
ESEE is a good choice, especially with their "no questions asked" warranty. Of course, they said it's not exactly no questions asked, because they would like to get the story, but they will honor the warranty, regardless. It looks like they have a bunch of knives in the sub-$100 price range, too.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
ESEE is a good choice, especially with their "no questions asked" warranty. Of course, they said it's not exactly no questions asked, because they would like to get the story, but they will honor the warranty, regardless. It looks like they have a bunch of knives in the sub-$100 price range, too.
This isn’t what the OP is asking about, but ESEE also makes really nice folders too.

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not an expert so I'm looking for suggestions on purchasing a fixed blade knife with sheaf. Something to have in vehicle in a survival type bag. Under a $100 if possible.
Looked at store brands like Ka-Bar, Gerber, etc. I know that grips and metals for the blade mean something. Any suggestions ?
Also. Should I attend the Wanenmacher Show in Tulsa for a good selection?
Shameless plug for my ad but I've got one hell of a knife for sale in the classifieds for $90.00 that looks to be what you (or anyone else) might be looking for.....Ka-Bar Becker BK-7.

bk7.jpg

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Shameless plug for my ad but I've got one hell of a knife for sale in the classifieds for $90.00 that looks to be what you (or anyone else) might be looking for.....Ka-Bar Becker BK-7.

View attachment 460292
Dang it, I was just about to plug that for ya. It's a really good knife at a great price.

Latest posts

Top Bottom