For the second time.......

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okietom

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I always put a can of the powder I am using on the bench. A box of primers too. All my other powder cans and primer boxes are on a shelf. I could still screw up but it makes it harder.

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The only things that would qualify you as an idiot are to try to use the powder or to dispose of it in a creative (fun) way.

Get rid of it, and until you do, keep the batch well marked. CB

Pulp

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I somehow got some 777 and Tite-group mixed up once. I got suspicious when a .490 round ball crossed the chronograph at 1700 fps only a 30 grain charge. My old T/C Hawken is a tough old bird, thank goodness.

Mr.357Sig

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Expensive lesson, but less expensive than a blown-up gun or a trip to the hospital. I know you feel like a tool, but you caught your mistake before it became truly costly. Well done.

David2012

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It is too bad one powder's granules isn't significantly larger than the other... then you could strain it through something... like shaking it through a small cloth mesh.

7stw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ive been there and done that. Only with a big jar of h1000 that's a 86 dollar mistake that taught me to label the powder in the measure I use a strip of duct tape that I take off and stick to the lid of each powder also. And I no longer use a 5 lb keg I now pour some in the one lb cans. Live lose money and learn. I'm way more cautious now.

Latest posts

Top Bottom