For you 228 lovers...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mmcbeat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sweet . . . wonder if any dealer will have them local? I have gotten to the point where I will not but a gun, regardless of the brand, unless I can inspect it before putting down the green. Do you know if the upper is German made? Or just the receiver?

I just bought one of the new 228R's, maybe I should have waited.

gsarg

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
These appear to be Frankensigs built on spare parts. The frames are actually from the P229 SAS models, which removes all sharp edges. Nice guns.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
If I was in the market for an $800 gun, I'd jump on one. But I have an original already, so I don't need a second. I actually like the SAS frame. I would even consider getting the slide slightly smoothed to match, and have a full SAS P228. That would be pretty slick.

mmcbeat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Never new they made the 228 with a rail???? hmmm

Yep. said to be some kind of contract overrun but they are still available. The first ones had military markings that were etched out but the more recent ones do not. These are all German guns. So you can still get a new 228.

RedTape

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well if you're going to buy a new Sig 228, this would be the one to get. I really don't like the rail. Just personal preference though.

Latest posts

Top Bottom