Foreign Aid

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I do not think we will be giving Israel money for to much longer. They have discovered oil in Israel. Supposedly more then the Saudis have. Once that is up and running they will not need aid.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I do not think we will be giving Israel money for to much longer. They have discovered oil in Israel. Supposedly more then the Saudis have. Once that is up and running they will not need aid.

Interesting, haven't heard that. So we'll see if our little "friend" in the Middle East will be willing to give us a good deal on some oil. I'd be surprised. Maybe such a discovery should make them nervous; between ideology and oil, Israel might have to fear Iran and the United States.

Model 70

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think we should stop all aid.. most of the places we give money don't want any thing but US aid money..

Wonder how much my tax burden could theoretically go down if that were to ever happen. Of course if the aid were to stop, then the windfall (found money) would just be squandered on something else.

Robert871

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
That list is woefully short, how about the $3 BILLION a year we give to Israel?

I am positive that is a lowball figure; I also agree that the time is long since past due for us to get our crap together and get back on track with our financial issues. With that said, I believe that while the topic the initial post was getting at makes sense; I view the majority of our money issues as the result of the things we are doing here in our own boarders that we cannot afford.

What specifically caught me was the very first reply putting isreal in the sights for some suggestion of a budget cut possibility; to which o simply dossagree with. I hope we all realize our role in an the reason isreal exists or at least hope you comprehend the importance of the state for what was 1/3 of it's population during the end of WWII. We prance the word liberty around our list of American values, but eventually you have to actually exercise it, and doing so can come with a price that is payed for a long time. I choose to believe that isreal is our one true loyal Allie. They live in a place surrounded either by people who either want nothing more than to bust thru Ostwald walls and slaughter every last one of it's people (with us being their next goal), or people who would stand and just watch it happen, then lift not one finger of disapproval.

So yes, let's cut the ******** spending and borrowing, but let's not forget that we have a responsibility to help support isreal until the world accepts their existence. And If that means spending billions in aid for them, well I am certain we could find billions in wasted social welfare program money being wasted on liars and thieves that we could cut.

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
Jonathan Pollard would agree with you. The family members of the service members on the USS Liberty would not.

America should should get her own house in order before she funds the world.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Jonathan Pollard would agree with you. The family members of the service members on the USS Liberty would not.

America should should get her own house in order before she funds the world.

Absolutely agree. We need to take care of ourselves.

As for Isreal, cut the aid off and see just how loyal they are to us.

Latest posts

Top Bottom