Foreign ammo imports doubled in early 2013

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The American ammo shortage has been a boon for foreign ammo makers as ammunition imports into the U.S. doubled during the first months of 2013.

According to data from the Commerce Department and the International Trade Commission, imports of ammo cartridges as well as shotguns have just about doubled during the first two months of 2013.

For the first two months of 2013, about 457 million cartridges were imported into the U.S. — more than double the amount of cartridges that were imported during the first two months of 2012. Shotgun shell imports have more than doubled as well, from 10 million during the first two months of 2012 to 24 million during the same period in 2013.

“There is no question that importation of ammunition has increased, so foreign manufacturers do see the market opportunity,” said Mike Bazinet of the National Shooting Sports Foundation.

More here: http://www.prisonplanet.com/foreign...-early-2013-to-meet-exploding-u-s-demand.html

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm seeing a little of it, but I guess at near 50¢/round for 7.62x39, it can collect dust. Some places seem to be chronically out of it, and those are the places that typically have better prices. I have seen quite a bit of imported shotgun shells coming in, though - and the prices are pretty good.

Latest posts

Top Bottom