Found a gun in the street this morning.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MyMonkey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yep, found a handgun in the street this morning. Anyone want to advise on the best thing to do here? Turn in to the popos? :) Run it to see if stolen? What?

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Seriously though, I'd call the police and report after making sure to record the make model serial number and caliber. It might be hot but if not you may be able to claim it after a period of time.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would've left it in the street parked over it or near it, kept an eye on it, whatever was safest, and called the law...I dang sure wouldn't touch it.

omega21

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you call the police and turn it in, it's not a big deal your prints are on it. But it would be ashamed if your prints obscured someone else's who committed a crime with that gun. The 'good citizen' thing to do is to report it and turn it in. It's unlikely any upstanding citizen accidentally dropped their gun in the street and you don't need to be part of hindering an investigation.

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Does it look like a nice gun or a throw-down? If it's a raven/Jennings/Lorcin or hi-point call it in. If it's something nicer why not ask around with your neighbors? Someone probably placed it on their hood or trunk, got in and forgot about it and the it slid off.

Latest posts

Top Bottom