Free 223 brass!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sourced from locally here in Oklahoma this free range brass is sure to be the perfect addition to your stockpile!

(Some assembly required)
IMG_20221013_215820.jpg

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Honestly it's nothing too special... Frankford arsenal universal trimmer... Something like 65 or 70 bucks depending where you get it. A long time ago I decided to just get that shopfox lathe for all my brass prep and it's super easy to run batches through quick.

The trimmer is designed for a hand drill I think but will fit perfectly into the chuck on the lathe, so I can just leave it running while feeding piece after piece after piece. It indexes based on a ring you put in it that the case neck contacts, so sizing first is a must. It's pretty repeatable as well. I think I set the trim at 1.748 on this and all the cases were +/- .002 which is fine by me.

Then I can just switch out to a chamfer bit, then deburr, etc. I suppose one of the case prep stations could be arguably better since they are multi function, but this trimmer works better at the lathe speed and I can use the lathe for other projects too.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Honestly it's nothing too special... Frankford arsenal universal trimmer... Something like 65 or 70 bucks depending where you get it. A long time ago I decided to just get that shopfox lathe for all my brass prep and it's super easy to run batches through quick.

The trimmer is designed for a hand drill I think but will fit perfectly into the chuck on the lathe, so I can just leave it running while feeding piece after piece after piece. It indexes based on a ring you put in it that the case neck contacts, so sizing first is a must. It's pretty repeatable as well. I think I set the trim at 1.748 on this and all the cases were +/- .002 which is fine by me.

Then I can just switch out to a chamfer bit, then deburr, etc. I suppose one of the case prep stations could be arguably better since they are multi function, but this trimmer works better at the lathe speed and I can use the lathe for other projects too.
I have three lathes at home and thought this looked like a good setup to get more time on them. Don't have many projects to build on them anymore since quitting restoring old farm implements to sell.
I have the RCBS case trimmer with the electric motor I've converted to Pneumatic controls so the cases can be inserted and removed with a foot switch. It's OK, but lathes are much more repeatable.
I'll look into that setup.

Latest posts

Top Bottom