Free Places to shoot?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okiehomie

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hi, I've been lookin around at all these guns clubs and they are pretty pricey for me...after all i just wanna go sight in my rifle. Does anyone know of any places out in the country where i can go shoot for free?

orangecrush1007

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wagoner public range. Call the game warden and they can tell you exactly where it is. Been there many times, just watch your back and your stuff.
Basically go through Wagoner and keep going past the courthouse about 2 miles on the right side across from the roundup club, just past the airport. Small gravel parking lot. Walk down the muddy trail, 2 steel tables and the berm is at 110 yds.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Like 264 Magnum said you need the hunting license in your pocket or the fine is more than joining a club.
Have you considered Happy Hollow by Sapulpa its kinda far but costs like 10 or 15 bucks I think.

okiehomie

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
OK thanks for the advice guys. No i havent considered happy hollows. Thats a bit far for me out in east broken arrow. Ill check out that place in wagoner that aint too far from here.

Lurkerinthewoods

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
OK thanks for the advice guys. No i havent considered happy hollows. Thats a bit far for me out in east broken arrow. Ill check out that place in wagoner that aint too far from here.

If you don't care about rapid firing I would check out Happy Hollow. The Wagoner range and Happy Hollow are about the same distance from Catoosa/East Ba.

Just be warned, if you go on a weekend or later in the afternoon to the Wagoner range there are only 2 tables and the freaks will be out. Just watch your six when resetting your targets.

kroberts2131

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Definetely be careful at the wagoner range. Its the only place I shoot but the freaks like to come outta the woods sometimes. The range is nice if you can get past that. It hasn't been as busy the last few times I was out.

MDT

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You do not want to shoot at Wagoner range...free or not. Trust me. I live in Verdigris, and before I joined USSA, I drove to Happy Hollow. It is a haul, but, for $10, it's is the cleanest, safest range you will come across. Don is the guy that owns it, he can be a bit gruff, but he runs a good range.

Take the advice about watching your 6 at Wagoner.

Latest posts

Top Bottom