From That to This (Deer antler growth)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I think it's the same deer.
-The sticker on the top of the passenger side G2 is present.
-The character bend of the top 1/3 of the passenger side G3 is the same.
-Passenger side in general is still taller than the driver's side.
-The driver's side picked up an additional main beam it looks like.
-I've seen a buck keep split G1s for 3 years and then loose them on year 4, get them back on year 5 and loose them again on year 6, so I don't put much stock in brow tines usually for identification.

chazroh

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wasn't being rude, I just knew there would be skeptics, I think there is a good likelihood that it is the same deer.

That's a beast of a deer huntemup, his mass is awesome

huntemup

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Obviously not the same deer, we are dumb but not to that extent, your buddies ability to know all deer is whacked on this post. Sorry friend

I'd certainly never call you or anyone else on this thread dumb but I will say you're absolutely wrong. Now If you wanna chalk it up to being dumb, go right ahead, just remember it wasn't me who did that.

It's the same deer.

But again I started this thread not to argue about this specific deer, but rather to see other folks examples of deer that changed drastically from one year to the next. That's why I had initially neglected to post pics of the deer.

I'm gonna delete the pics to avoid this going further down the wrong road. For those interested, the hunt and the story of this deer will be the subject of a hunting show in the near future. I'll post time and date for those interested.

So let's get this back on track and post em if you got'em

Last edited:

Coach_1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well I was hoping the deer my daughter was after last season had matured greatly but I’m disappointed. He didn’t gain any mass or height. Just got a tad wider. We were pretty bummed to see the minimal gain.

As for the pics of the deer. Keep them up. He’s a great deer to look at. Don’t worry about what people say. Haters gonna hate.

SnowCamo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here's 3 guys that I've been getting pictures of running together since last Dec-Jan.
The first one kept about the same width. Not sure of the number of points last season. (I may have a better picture but it'd take some digging.) This year he's a 10.
The second was an 8 last season. This years he's a 9 but the size stayed about the same.
The third was and still is a 10. He's gained a little in height, width, and tine length.
This seems about the norm for my place. I wish I'd see one jump 60".

As for them being the same deer, it's a guess. They've continued to stay together since last season and look similar so it's the best I've got.

IMG_1313.JPG IMG_1315.JPG IMG_1316.JPG

Latest posts

Top Bottom