Front sight- tritium, bead, white dot or fiber optic ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ddlstang

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm sure this has been beaten up for sure but was wanting to change the stock front sights on my Glocks. Night sights are fine but are hard to define in daytime, have never shot any of the fiber optic sights but would like to try one. What is the best that everyone has experience with, would you keep them or go back to a white dot.

Thanks for any opinions.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A lot of competition shooters shoot the fiber optic sights. They come to the eye a lot quicker than the white dot.
If its a carry gun, I'd go with night sights.
On a dark night, that's the only sight your likely to see and after the first shot, the Mz Flash takes away some of the night vision.

Jwryan84

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What are your needs for this gun? HD front sight is pretty hard to beat for self defense but as some found out suck for longer accuracy shots as far as a run and gun or competition.

And bad part about fiber optics like Dawson are they are tall and sharp and catchy.

Really all depends on what you sa tout of your pistol

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What are your needs for this gun? HD front sight is pretty hard to beat for self defense but as some found out suck for longer accuracy shots as far as a run and gun or competition.

And bad part about fiber optics like Dawson are they are tall and sharp and catchy.

Really all depends on what you sa tout of your pistol

Them wide front sights can cover up a complete target at some long distances can't they?

Latest posts

Top Bottom