frozen chicken leg quarters,50 cents a pound,,,Lays, ..98 cents

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
i was just at winco at nw 39 and portland and they have a bunch of frozen chicken leg quarters in a 10 pound bag for 4.98 each..and sat i saw they had Chex mix, (some varieties ,not all ) for 98 cents and Bugles corn chips also .98 cents..
That’s a good deal on the chicken quarters. I paid $7.99 for 10lbs on Sunday at Krogers.

GC7

Not Actually a Grackle
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I would recommend buying 1 bag and trying it before stocking up. Winco had a deal on frozen wings a while back so I bought 2 bags, and when I tried using them recently I discovered they were very bloody and hairy and just smelled terrible. Then I noticed on the bag it said they were a product of Chile or something down in SA.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
I was raised on leg quarters. Cheapest meat we could afford at the time. Dad always cooked them on a 55 gallon drum he had made into a charcoal grill. Love them to this day, finding them on sale occasionally for .49 a pound. When I do, it's time to buy and vacuum seal two quarters per bag. That's enough for two of us.

Ready_fire_aim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Commercially raised chicken is so cheap it almost scares me! We raise some Cornish X meatbirds every year (this is breed you’re getting from a grocery store 99% of the time). They eat a ton of feed and take about 8 weeks get big.

I have no clue how chicken can be sold that cheap and the producers actually make a living

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I like to grill some yard bird quarters over hot coals and brush on a little bbq sauce. Mmm

3'x6' pit. Get some mesquite burning and then spread out the coals. Throw on the rack. Let the rack heat up and toss the meat on. Mmm mmm good

It's too hot to cook right now. Get back with me at the end of September ... Lol

HillsideDesolate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Commercially raised chicken is so cheap it almost scares me! We raise some Cornish X meatbirds every year (this is breed you’re getting from a grocery store 99% of the time). They eat a ton of feed and take about 8 weeks get big.

I have no clue how chicken can be sold that cheap and the producers actually make a living
I've raised Cornish as well, yea understand economy of scale, but chicks cost about $1.50 and you are looking at at least 10lbs of feed per bird to raise to 5 pounds. Granted I feed organic, but they end up being around $20 A piece when you factor electricity. One year I lucked out as I was given a few hundred pounds of wheat from someone's Y2K supplies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom