frozen chicken leg quarters,50 cents a pound,,,Lays, ..98 cents

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

madokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
sat update,, the chicken leg quarters still on sale .49 a pound,,and one variety of chex at .98 ,,and all varieties of Lays chips version of pringles 98 cents @5.5oz,.and now imperial brand of margarine(on an end cap) for .88 cents @ 15oz,usually 3$,and another brand of margarine @15oz for .44 or .48 cents ,it has 10 % yogurt..

Last edited:

madokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
oh they take debt cards , and food stamp cards,, just not credit cards.and since i live across the street, when i get a lot of change, i put it in a pocket and buy one thing i need like a can of soup or black-eyed peas with Bacon and go through the self checkout lane and feed in the change ,,

GC7

Not Actually a Grackle
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
What's a good seasoning to use on chicken quarters? I feel like I've done it all and I'm tired of it... I've done garlic herb, BBQ, spicy lime, salt and pepper.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
69   0   0
What's a good seasoning to use on chicken quarters? I feel like I've done it all and I'm tired of it... I've done garlic herb, BBQ, spicy lime, salt and pepper.
It's hard to get flavor into a piece of chicken.
I gave up and just soak overnight in salt water then drain and bring to room temp and then toss on the grill/smoker and let the Oak wood or hickory do the flavoring.

madokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
sat update,,,lays are back up to regular price..leg quarters are still 4.98 for 10 pounds...whole chicken fryers are 1.38 a pound , so thats about 8$ for a whole chicken..

Gunbuffer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
I was raised on leg quarters. Cheapest meat we could afford at the time. Dad always cooked them on a 55 gallon drum he had made into a charcoal grill. Love them to this day, finding them on sale occasionally for .49 a pound. When I do, it's time to buy and vacuum seal two quarters per bag. That's enough for two of us.
Ours was cubed steak. Tasted like rubber with a rubber skeleton

madokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
SAT update, leg quarters still 4.98 for 10 pounds, and the chicken fryer (uncut)still 1.38 a pound ,or you buy 2 in a bag for 1.28 a pound..plenty of both..

Latest posts

Top Bottom