Gab.com

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adhdferret

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
What is it you know about Gab?

Do you know how it started from launch and the founders? Because it wasn't just Torba that did it you know?

He used to be on voat.com which is a long dead site now, but he and those that set that place up were moderators and contributors to many many what we called subverses.

Various topics more or less. They drew away the deep seeded extremist when reddit kicked the Qanons and they came to voat, where that userbase honestly thought it was just some game.

It polarized people. Lemme give you a name.

TexasVet on gab, he was the average person that left from voat for gab. Their values may seem to align with yours being that they use words like "Christian" and nuclear family.

I promise you it isn't. They are very very driven to a goal that you don't want to be a part of...just saying.

finishnailer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Been on a couple years, great for getting info. Like you said, it is what you make of it. Close as you can get to no censorship. If something offends you, don’t read it….

Adhdferret

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gab is what you make of it. Just use the groups, block who you do not like.
Some people can not handle free speech. Let alone freedom all together.
Freedom can be very dangerous at times,
I understand that.

Thank you for your input.
Oh i enjoy the heck out of some free speech.

Why I am here. However gab wasn't always free speech. It was Hivemind free speech. You didn't have engaging with posts nothing you ever said got seen.

Much like reddit does with shadow bans. Or voat did with contributions points. That is an echo chamber.

Granted you may veer to hivemind thinking which is why you like it. This place is free speech. So long as one keeps things respectful.

Which I got a talking to for and I apologized and haven't nor will I do it again. It is important you realize the distinction is all.

Old Noob

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oh i enjoy the heck out of some free speech.

Why I am here. However gab wasn't always free speech. It was Hivemind free speech. You didn't have engaging with posts nothing you ever said got seen.

Much like reddit does with shadow bans. Or voat did with contributions points. That is an echo chamber.

Granted you may veer to hivemind thinking which is why you like it. This place is free speech. So long as one keeps things respectful.

Which I got a talking to for and I apologized and haven't nor will I do it again. It is important you realize the distinction is all.
I do appreciate the response. Don't think I don't. I understand how you feel. So I take it you are not on Gab.com. This thread is for people that are.

Adhdferret

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Been on a couple years, great for getting info. Like you said, it is what you make of it. Close as you can get to no censorship. If something offends you, don’t read it….
It isnt so much that it offends me or anyone else...it is that they are half truths.

I will give you an example. The unisex bathrooms where trans persons could go and everyone got into a frenzy.

Did you ever read the law? Not what some colleges or others used to polarize it, but the actual law?

Each state was the same...it was for single stall restrooms, it never was ment for multiple stall facilities. Later on to gain favoritism for the woke types some colleges and a few schools did it for all, however I was unable to locate law that said they had to.

I found policy guides that were written, but never a law for all. However these things were never mentioned on Gab, or much anywhere else.

You had to look for that.

These are the issues with social media platforms such as gab, reddit, Twitter, and many others. They allow you as the consumer to mentally digest it and come to their conclusion.

Latest posts

Top Bottom