GAP 45 ammo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aeropb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wasn't referring to the ballistic differences between the two rounds. I was referring to the fact that the GAP round sucks when fired out of an ACP revolver.

Used in the respective handguns they are designed for, the .45 ACP gives up about 50-100 fps to the GAP. Big whoop.

The GAP is a superior design? Sure, I'll concede that. But, the GAP damn well better be a superior design, as the ACP design is 108-years-old.

My two problems with GAP are that only two gun manufacturers make weapons for it and the ammo is hard to find on a consistent basis. At Midway, for example, there are 125 listings for ACP, compared to only 27 for GAP. If I can't find it, I can't shoot it. And with the 2012 elections coming on strong, ammo supplies will be going down faster than Paris Hilton on a coked-up Circus midget as we draw nearer to November. And, that's why GAP sucks compared to ACP, IMO. YMMV.

27 listings on midway = hard to find?
20 more on ammotogo = hard to find?

There is plenty in stock all over the internet. It is not hard to find if you have even the most rudimentary of computing skills.

What makes it so bad fired through a revolver? Regular moon clips don't hold them especially tight since the extractor groove is different, but they display superb accuracy in both M1917 and 625.

Last edited:

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
GAP is kind of a regional thing. NYSP, FHP, Georgia state patrol and some South Carolina and Pennsylvania police agencies issue it. Its kind of an east coast thing. Thats atleast what the newest glock magazine talks about.

Latest posts

Top Bottom