garand heaven!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
OMG! That a slew of rifles:yikes2:
I've shot several, and considered getting one, but have procrastinated. I guess since a 7.7Jap sits in my safe, I should get one of ours. Of course it would have to go into the other safe.:D

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
From the look of the crates...looks like more Greek returns.

The late production HRA Correct I bought a couple years ago was in like new condition.

Awesome to see more coming in

Mine too. The muzzle gauged at 0.5, so it's a safe queen. I'm looking forward to seeing these M1's get released - might be time for a trip to Anniston, indeed ;)

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
i'm going to bump this to the top. When i got the winter 09 GCA magazine this article was in there, 19,000 garands returned from greece and they said they are some of if not the last of the greek returns.

links to pics are in post #10 of this thread i couldnt get mine to work. Apparently GCA members spent $750,000 on rifles that day

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Latest update from CMP!

That's a bit late :D From what I've read on the CMP forum, they've since sold a fair number of the M1D's, are out of WRA SG M1's and a lot of the Bavarian Carbines, etc.

But yep, walking into the warehouse with crates and crates of Garands, just waiting to be opened, would be sensory overload. I'd have a bad case of the vapors :P

SevenSixTwo

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I've been avoiding buying a garand, telling myself that 30-06 is just too expensive these days, but I think I have just been convinced to find an american classic to keep my Mosin Nagant company...I will of course be letting my wife know exactly who turned me on to this whole shebang...:tounge2:

Latest posts

Top Bottom