Garland Terrorist Allegedly Bought Fast and Furious Handgun

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You know how to prevent this kind of thing, close the "gunshow loopholes". Make it so every firearms transfer requires a NICS check.

Yeah right(hope you were saying that sarcastically/tongue-in-cheek), NICS really worked on Dylann Roof, Cho Seung-hui(Virginia Tech), James Holmes(Aurora, Colorado), Nadir Soofi, etc., etc.:rollingla:rollingla

PS Anti-gun politicians never own gun(s)('cept Dianne Feinstein:mean:) but their body guards all do.

Last edited:

Ace_on_the_Turn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Have we ever been able to prosecute the law makers for passing laws that backfired?

Not to be flippant, but do you have any idea how the judicial system in this country works?

We prosecute people for breaking a law. I'm wondering which law you would prosecute the law makers for breaking? The Bad Law law?

Ace_on_the_Turn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Of course, the government violated its own laws during the execution of fast an furious. How can they hold us to do the right thing when they don't?

The OKCPD is, right now, in possession of illegal drugs, stolen property and illegally acquired firearms. Maybe you should start making citizen arrests.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not to be flippant, but do you have any idea how the judicial system in this country works?

We prosecute people for breaking a law. I'm wondering which law you would prosecute the law makers for breaking? The Bad Law law?

I understand it completely. The question is, have we ever successfully procecuted a law maker for passing or being complicit in passing a law that resulted in human death or a similar heinous crime? Basically in response to another post you might want to go back and read.
We sure haven't done anything about Janet Reno or Eric Holder, people that have been appointed to office to enforce crimes. Their personal actions have resulted in many deaths of American Citizens.

Ace_on_the_Turn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I understand it completely. The question is, have we ever successfully procecuted a law maker for passing or being complicit in passing a law that resulted in human death or a similar heinous crime?

Have you been drinking? What law would they be changed with breaking? You say you understand, but you don't seem to even have a basic understanding.

We sure haven't done anything about Janet Reno or Eric Holder, people that have been appointed to office to enforce crimes. Their personal actions have resulted in many deaths of American Citizens.

Well, hell, why haven't we jailed the entire executive branch, going back, well, to Washington? They are all responsible for the deaths of American citizens. Why are you not calling for Rumsfeld's head? Bush's?

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Could it be remotely possible that the federal agencies that dropped the ball on both the Fast and Furious program (ATF) and approved Soofi's application for a firearm (FBI) might just be holding back information to keep themselves from coming under even more scrutiny from the press and the House and Senate?

Could it be remotely possible that all of RugersGR8's sources (different news agencies) on this story didn't do their own confirmation of the story before they printed their stories? Or perhaps, maybe they did confirm the stories?

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah right(hope you were saying that sarcastically/tongue-in-cheek), NICS really worked on Dylann Roof, Cho Seung-hui(Virginia Tech), James Holmes(Aurora, Colorado), Nadir Soofi, etc., etc.:rollingla:rollingla

Well no shot Sherlick. But you're acting like its a big deal that this gun was a F&F gun, which it's not. That guy could have picked up a gun at a gunshow, off of Armslist, Facebook, OSA or any number of places, but this is a big deal, to you, because it's a F&F gun. Yes, F&F was crap, but don't kid yourself about it being worse than Bush's Wide Receiver program which still can't account for all of the guns.

Ace_on_the_Turn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Could it be remotely possible that the federal agencies that dropped the ball on both the Fast and Furious program (ATF) and approved Soofi's application for a firearm (FBI) might just be holding back information to keep themselves from coming under even more scrutiny from the press and the House and Senate?

Is that possible, yes. Very much so. But, that doesn't change the fact that at this moment to say that the gun was sold as actually part of F&F is a lie. As we do not know. If I say Mrs. Miller has been cheating on Terry with a strapping ranch hand, I'm lying. Here's the important part, even if she is, in fact, cheating on you I'm still lying because I do not know that to be the truth.

Could it be remotely possible that all of RugersGR8's sources (different news agencies) on this story didn't do their own confirmation of the story before they printed their stories? Or perhaps, maybe they did confirm the stories?

I didn't read all the linked articles. I can only stand to lose so many brain cells a day, as I'm getting older and losing them naturally at an alarming rate, and most of the sites that he links to are brain-killing stupid. The legitimate sites will not say that the gun was part of F&F. They will say, possibly, associated with, same gun store as.

6 Strings

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Well no shot Sherlick. But you're acting like its a big deal that this gun was a F&F gun, which it's not. That guy could have picked up a gun at a gunshow, off of Armslist, Facebook, OSA or any number of places, but this is a big deal, to you, because it's a F&F gun. Yes, F&F was crap, but don't kid yourself about it being worse than Bush's Wide Receiver program which still can't account for all of the guns.

I think that if you were to ask the families of Brian Terry and Jaime Zapata they would tell you “Fast & Furious “was a lot worse that “Wide Receiver”.

While both operations were flawed, the two operations were tactically different, executed differently and were considerably different in terms of scale.

Unless one is just bent to make apologies for the failed policies of the Obama administration, when one does the math that makes “Fast & Furious” different and given the deaths of two LEOs a lot worse than “Wide Receiver”.

Ace_on_the_Turn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I think that if you were to ask the families of Brian Terry and Jaime Zapata they would tell you “Fast & Furious “was a lot worse that “Wide Receiver”.

While both operations were flawed, the two operations were tactically different, executed differently and were considerably different in terms of scale.

Unless one is just bent to make apologies for the failed policies of the Obama administration, when one does the math that makes “Fast & Furious” different and given the deaths of two LEOs a lot worse than “Wide Receiver”.

To imply that F&F was in any way responsible for the deaths of the two agents is disingenuous at best and an outright lie at worst. The gun that killed Brian Terry has never been recovered. It's almost ridiculous how the fact that one weapon that was allowed to "walk" across the border as part of F&F was found at the scene makes F&F responsible for the his death. Here's a newsflash, the Mexican cartels had tens of thousands of firearms long before F&F was undertaken. As for Jaime Zapata, the weapon that killed him was purchased in Dallas. F&F was not involved in that purchase in any way. F&F was conducted in Arizona only.

By the way, you say, "when one does the math that makes “Fast & Furious” different and given the deaths of two LEOs a lot worse than “Wide Receiver”" you are either ignorant of a very important fact or you're choosing to ignore it. Under Operation Wide Receiver about 500 guns were allowed to "walk" into Mexico. The majority of those weapons have never been recovered. We simply have no idea if those weapons have been used to harm or kill Mexican or US LEO's. And the fact is, it doesn't matter. As we all know, guns do not kill people. If not a single weapon had been allowed to "walk" into Mexico there no reason to believe it would make any difference.

Latest posts

Top Bottom