Garland Terrorist Allegedly Bought Fast and Furious Handgun

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

6 Strings

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
To imply that F&F was in any way responsible for the deaths of the two agents is disingenuous at best and an outright lie at worst. The gun that killed Brian Terry has never been recovered. It's almost ridiculous how the fact that one weapon that was allowed to "walk" across the border as part of F&F was found at the scene makes F&F responsible for the his death. Here's a newsflash, the Mexican cartels had tens of thousands of firearms long before F&F was undertaken. As for Jaime Zapata, the weapon that killed him was purchased in Dallas. F&F was not involved in that purchase in any way. F&F was conducted in Arizona only.

By the way, you say, "when one does the math that makes “Fast & Furious” different and given the deaths of two LEOs a lot worse than “Wide Receiver”" you are either ignorant of a very important fact or you're choosing to ignore it. Under Operation Wide Receiver about 500 guns were allowed to "walk" into Mexico. The majority of those weapons have never been recovered. We simply have no idea if those weapons have been used to harm or kill Mexican or US LEO's. And the fact is, it doesn't matter. As we all know, guns do not kill people. If not a single weapon had been allowed to "walk" into Mexico there no reason to believe it would make any difference.

To imply that someone is “disingenuous” or a “liar” regarding this discussion indicates that you are either twelve years old or a troll that is trying to bully people on this forum.

Had you the capability to do any research, you would see a variety of links that share that the two LEOs mentioned were killed by F&F weapons. Here are some links. There are more should you wish to test your integrity.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/more-fast-and-furious-guns-surface-at-crimes-in-mexico/
http://www.texasobserver.org/did-the-us-government-supply-the-gun-that-killed-jaime-zapata/
http://www.elpasotimes.com/news/ci_25567860/documents-fast-and-furious-guns-found-their-way

Had you simply taken the time you would also find that there is a difference between the two failed operations. One involved working with the Mexican government to “trace” weapons and the other was “walking” weapons into Mexico without the support of the Mexican government. One operation was on limited scale, the other larger. One operation was pulled and the other had a whistleblower. As the links share, only one ended with the deaths of two LEOs. To not acknowledge these documented facts is taking ignorance a step south into simply stupid.

So Ace … is this a chronic habit of yours? Whining and calling names to try to bully people with your childish BS? Apologizing for the Obama administration to placate political convenience? Suggestion? Grow the f--- up and try doing some honest research. You wish to try to bully people with your puerile BS you need to be better buttoned down than what you have demonstrated.

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
To imply that someone is “disingenuous” or a “liar” regarding this discussion indicates that you are either twelve years old or a troll that is trying to bully people on this forum.

Had you the capability to do any research, you would see a variety of links that share that the two LEOs mentioned were killed by F&F weapons. Here are some links. There are more should you wish to test your integrity.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/more-fast-and-furious-guns-surface-at-crimes-in-mexico/
http://www.texasobserver.org/did-the-us-government-supply-the-gun-that-killed-jaime-zapata/
http://www.elpasotimes.com/news/ci_25567860/documents-fast-and-furious-guns-found-their-way

Had you simply taken the time you would also find that there is a difference between the two failed operations. One involved working with the Mexican government to “trace” weapons and the other was “walking” weapons into Mexico without the support of the Mexican government. One operation was on limited scale, the other larger. One operation was pulled and the other had a whistleblower. As the links share, only one ended with the deaths of two LEOs. To not acknowledge these documented facts is taking ignorance a step south into simply stupid.

So Ace … is this a chronic habit of yours? Whining and calling names to try to bully people with your childish BS? Apologizing for the Obama administration to placate political convenience? Suggestion? Grow the f--- up and try doing some honest research. You wish to try to bully people with your puerile BS you need to be better buttoned down than what you have demonstrated.

+10 to 6 Strings----The links that I gave said basically the same thing.

"None so deaf as those that will not hear. None so blind as those that will not see." - Matthew Henry

Ace_on_the_Turn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score

You implied, and have now straight out said, that weapons allowed to "walk" across the Mexican border were used to kill two LEO's. There is no basis in fact for that assertion. If you don't like being called disingenuous or a liar, don't be disingenuous or a liar.

I can only assume have a serious reading comprehension problem. Otherwise why would you link to three articles that in no way prove your assertion.

Here's a few quotes from your linked articles. Note the bolded parts. They're very important.
"Two Fast and Furious-linked weapons were found near the body of Border Patrol Agent Brian Terry".
" Some wound up at the scenes of drug cartel murders, and even next to the body of U.S. Border Patrol agent Brian Terry, who was shot and killed while patrolling the Arizona desert last year."
"And what of the murder of special agent Zapata, who was shot and killed in Mexico in February 2011? That gun was traced back to gun dealers near Dallas."
"And two Fast and Furious AK-47 type rifles were recovered from the murder scene of Border Patrol Agent Brian Terry in December 2010; "

Not a single claim in any of your linked articles that a weapon that was allowed to "walk" across the Mexican border has been identified as one used in the killing of the two LEO's. In fact, the weapon that killed Zapata has been identified as having been sold in Dallas. F&F never involved gun stores in Texas. The weapon used to kill Terry has never been recovered. Before throwing a tantrum, you might want to check the facts. You might not look so childish.

The bolded part is what's known as begging the question. Try harder next time.

So far you haven't got anything "buttoned down".

6 Strings

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
+10 to 6 Strings----The links that I gave said basically the same thing.

"None so deaf as those that will not hear. None so blind as those that will not see." - Matthew Henry

Thank you sir for the kind words and the great quote.

It appears that Ace is an angry troll that is projecting. As graphically illustrated by his reply to me, it is rather pointless to try to share “where” he is wrong because the “why” he is wrong is driven by political convenience and not fact.

Lesson learned. If I am going to spend time in a forum I am not going waste said time with angry trolls wearing Obama knee pads and a bib that says “Change”. To very loosely paraphrase the Burt Bacharach tune, “Just scroll on by.”

Ace_on_the_Turn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Thank you sir for the kind words and the great quote.

It appears that Ace is an angry troll that is projecting. As graphically illustrated by his reply to me, it is rather pointless to try to share “where” he is wrong because the “why” he is wrong is driven by political convenience and not fact.

Lesson learned. If I am going to spend time in a forum I am not going waste said time with angry trolls wearing Obama knee pads and a bib that says “Change”. To very loosely paraphrase the Burt Bacharach tune, “Just scroll on by.”

One can only assume that you were under the impression that when you posted your factually incorrect drivel that like-minded individuals would give you a hardy slap on the back and say, "yep". Didn't quite work that way, did it? I'm all too aware that facts are a, how shall we say, flexible construct to some people. You stated a "fact". That "fact" has no basis in reality. I get that being called out on a lie on a public form is stinging to the ego, but, if you're going to post easily disproved "facts" maybe you should not be so touchy.

If you're going to continue to post on this site, I would suggest you put me on ignore, use better facts, or grow tougher skin.

By the way, trying to insult me is a fool's errand. I've been called every childish name you can think of. More than one poster has been banned for childish insults directed at me, and I'm still here. If you think by calling me a troll you're forging new ground, you're not. That's a six lane divided interstate highway at this point.

Latest posts

Top Bottom